You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Electronics Architect In E-Beam Applications Group
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic / electrical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Define, realize, manage and maintain various electronics concepts and products, such as sensors, actuators, (programmable) printed circuited board assemblies, cabling, connection panels, communication links and electronics racks, for existing and new ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
The E-Architect is responsible for the following:
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software, mechanics and mechatronics department.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, of sensor/actuator electronics related modules and of electrical infrastructure
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various e-Beam products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Manage the outsourcing of e-Beam application related modules.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning e-Beam within the ASML e-Beam products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience in system design for state-of-the-art multidisciplinary systems and multiple years of experience as an electronics designer
- Knowledge of- and experience with definition and realization of actuator & measurement systems.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of software and mechatronics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative and pro-active;
- Highly motivated team player with good social and communication skills;
- Structured with eye for details;
- Leadership; Ability to give direction in a team;
- Accurate and problem-solving;
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness; Pragmatic attitude;
- Personal authority;
- Drive and ownership;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written (preferably also of the Dutch language).
- Affinity with physics, mechanics and / or mechatronics is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV), the e-Beam group is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for all e-Beam inspection products. The Electronics Architect reports to the Group Manager of e-Beam Applications group.
Please contact Twan van Schijndel (Hiring Manager) or Gaby Claessens (Recruiter) for more information.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.