You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Configuration engineer Software
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The core values of ASML are Challenge, Collaborate and Care. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, and how we accomplish these achievements.
And, above all, we are one of the leading providers of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. The employees of ASML share a passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works continuously on the development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Working at ASML is therefore challenging and dynamic.
Role and responsibilities
The Software Configuration Engineer is owner of the system software configuration baseline. The Software Configuration Engineer will develop means and methods for functional configuration management by making the link between system function and software configuration requirements.
As a SW Proto Configuration Engineer you are responsible for:
- Making the link between system functions and software configuration requirements
- For the integration plan defining pre- and post-conditions on software
- Configuration parameters and content per Integration milestone
- Defining the process to release software configuration baselines to the operational sectors
- Developing the tooling necessary to implement functional software configuration management
- Being the owner of the software configuration baselines.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master – preferably Technical
- Preferred educated in Computer Science
There are limited constraints on working experience. The following items are a pre:
- Stakeholder management and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Background in configuration management / system integration / software release management, testing or software development
- Knowledge in scripting (Python)
- Software development (C/C++)
- SVN and Linux
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- Proactive attitude, searching for challenges
- Able to prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Ability and willingness to attend additional courses
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Daily interface consist of Proto Engineers, Proto Integrator, System Test Engineer, Proto Configuration Engineer and D&E projects
In this role you will report to your Team Lead and Group Lead.
SW Proto Configuration Engineer will work during the regular office hours from Monday through Friday.
Candidates are willing to commit for at least 3 years.
Keywords: support, configuration management, analyze, SAP, logistics, SW
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.