You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
RBA Business Risk & Control Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you passionate about risk and control? Do you want to be part ambitious team? Do you get energy to act as a true business partner to support the business in reaching their strategic objectives? And are you looking for an exciting step in your career?
This role might be a perfect fit for you!
As part of ASML’s Risk & Business Assurance (RBA), the Risk & Control department drives the company to ensure sustainable growth in a controlled way. The Manager is part of Risk & Control team, and is a spider in the web towards ASML stakeholders in the business, and translates complex risk related challenges into simple solutions to drive change within the organization.
Role and responsibilities
The RBA Risk & Control Manager, is responsible to ensure, by guiding and supporting the business, that risks and controls are embedded within ASML’s worldwide integrated Risk & Control framework in such a way that ASML is able to meet its strategic objectives, maximize value and is able to comply with all applicable Company’s policies and laws & regulations.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Be part of the challenging journey that drives the new global strategy and ambitions for Risk & Control;
- Be part of a team of ambitious professionals, that were recently joined together as Risk &
- Control, and is on a journey to the next level;
- Develop your leadership skills further by having broad ASML exposure, being exposed to complexities and getting the room to experiment, in a constantly changing environment;
- Gain unique insights and in-depth knowledge across all of ASML’s business activities; and
- Make a difference, realize change and help ASML to handle the growth.
- Support and challenge the business to ensure that risk and control is sufficiently established and embedded in ASML’s worldwide integrated Risk & Control framework, to improve the concept of ‘being in control’ within the organization;
- Collaborate with all levels within business departments, finance department, legal department etc. to ensure alignment, realize change and create awareness for policies, standards, regulations and controls in response to identified risks;
- Work together with other capabilities within the RBA department (security, corporate risk, compliance and audit) to act in business teams to provide ‘one-pit-stop’ aligned services towards business owners, businesses, area experts etc.; and
- Align and build strong relationships with applicable stakeholders, management and gain buy-in, in order to drive the highly needed change in the field of Risk & Control awareness.
Education and experience
- Postmaster degree in Economics with completed RA or international equivalent (e.g. CPA)
- (Post)Master’s Degree in Auditing, Business control and/or Finance;
- 8+ years of related professional experience in audit or advisory/consulting (in the field of risk management and/or internal control)
- Big-4 equivalent of a talented Manager, Senior Manager or comparable role in business; and
- Fluent in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to influence, be persuasive and realize change;
- Naturally take the lead in (new) initiatives;
- True people person;
- Combines clear, critical thinking with decisiveness;
- Good social and effective communication skills; and
- Overcomes barriers for change and engages others to take action.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Risk & Control Manager reports directly to the Senior Manager Risk & Control in Veldhoven - the Netherlands and will be part of the broader Risk & Business Assurance department.
As ASML is a listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), risk and control is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and key within ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.