You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Internal Communications Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
For a company built on technology leadership, attracting and retaining talented people is business critical. ASML’s US Communications team contributes to achieving this goal by building the company’s reputation and employer brand, communicating its strategy and achievements, and fostering employee engagement, pride and connectedness.
As the Communications Specialist in Wilton, CT, you will support and execute the internal communications strategy to help achieve business objectives, ensure employee engagement and strong alignment to business strategy and culture. You will collaborate closely with and support the Internal Communications Business Partner in Wilton and will report to the Head of U.S. Communications.
You will support communications at ASML’s largest site in the U.S., in Wilton (CT.). It’s a fast paced and rapidly growing location that is steeped in semiconductor equipment history and one of ASML’s three major R&D and manufacturing hubs. Wilton’s more than 2,500 employees design and manufacture sophisticated modules for ASML’s lithography systems – high-tech equipment the size of a city bus that operates with nanometer accuracy and is used by all of the world’s top chip makers to make the chips in smartphones, laptops and data centers as well as cars and airplanes.
In close cooperation with the U.S. Communications team, the Internal Communications Business Partner in Wilton, and the team at the global headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, you will support the internal communications needs of the Wilton site. This will be a hands-on role requiring you to create and execute communications plans, produce and publish content and help execute all-employee meetings. You will work as part of the U.S. and/or global team, bringing local knowledge, contacts and expertise to global projects or implementing global communications initiatives at the Wilton site.
This is an ideal position for a communications specialist who seeks a broad spectrum of challenges in a fast-paced environment. High affinity for technology is a must.
Role and responsibilities
- Partner with the Internal Communications Business Partner, Wilton to ensure successful internal communications keep all ASML Wilton employees well-informed to help achieve business objectives
- Provide hands-on support for site-specific internal communications, creating communications plans, producing and publishing content across multiple channels and helping execute all-employee meetings and other events
- Maintain and optimize a mix of internal communications channels (ASML TV, intranet, corporate emails, SharePoint, etc.) that are purposed to provide timely, relevant internal messages to our employees in Wilton
- Customize and implement global communications initiatives and events for the Wilton site, in support of and in close collaboration with the Wilton internal communications business partner
- Partner with U.S. and global communications teams to accomplish key priorities including culture, strategy and change management efforts, in close collaboration with the Wilton internal communications business partner
- Be the eyes and ears of the U.S. and global team, providing Wilton-related content, information and contacts for the global newsletter, global intranet news feed, corporate PR initiatives and employer branding and recruitment campaigns
- Lead video projects by creating briefs, storyboarding and honing in on central messages, organizing shoots, and guiding editing for final successful outcome
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in internal communications in a corporate environment
- Production development, science/technology background a plus
- Experience working in integrated communications teams a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Exceptional writing and communication skills; clear, concise and professional. Secure grasp of spelling, grammar, writing mechanics, and punctuation.
- Project management: ability to create communication plans that can adapt to changes in business priorities, timelines, scope or resources; build measurement into plans; monitor, track, and report progress
- Aligns communication plans with priorities of business. Translates measurement data in smartly contextualized conclusions and reports.
- Hands-on multi-channel experience, activated for optimum reach to targeted audiences.
- Proficient with SharePoint (building well-organized sites to host local communications/site information).
- Experience with, or aptitude for learning, digital tools like Microsoft Forms, Teams Live, email campaign system, and digital screen content system.
- An individual who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Can-do mentality − takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Ability to perform under time pressure and stress
- Creative problem solver. Able to build strong relationships and networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders including the ability to drive, convince and influence others.
- Results driven - demonstrates ownership and accountability and delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Interpersonal influence: builds trust and rapport with communications colleagues and stakeholders; pursues goals in constructive and assertive way; explores potential solutions during disagreements and searches for the win-win
- Adjusts communication content and style to the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration, business partnership and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- You may occasionally be required to travel to other ASML locations, including the headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.