You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Firmware QA Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
The firmware team is responsible for FPGA firmware and embedded softwaredevelopment on e-beam inspection products of ASML.In this role, you will have the opportunity tackle new and exciting technical challenges each day as you develop firmware on embedded system with mixed signal and FPGA based on system specifications and requirements.We are looking for engineers with strong technical background in embedded software and FPGA firmware quality verification.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
You will tap into your technical acumen as you:
- Collaborate with FPGA, Embedded Software, Hardware, and SW engineers to design FW test cases, make test plan and implement test script to ensure the whole FW system’s functions, reliability and performance.
- Build up FW test bench, make test plan, coordinate with stakeholders, execute the test plan and track the progress.
- Build & release firmware binaries.
- Support machine integration and troubleshooting.
Education and experience
- BS or MS in computer science, electronic engineering
- Experienced with VHDL/Verilog Coding & C coding.
- Experienced with FPGA firmware development & board level debugging
- Experienced on debugging and problem solving in code bases and environments.
- Experienced on uart, spi, ethernet etc. industry interface.
- Experienced on hardware schematic & PCB layout reading, basic knowledge of analog circuit.
- Solid understanding of software release cycles
- Strong knowledge of source control tools such as JIRA , Bitbucket, etc.
- Experienced on debugs tools such as oscillator scope, multimeter.
- Excellent communication skills and document skills.
- Python/Jupyter notebook experience is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, have a keen eye to identify bottleneck/risks and drive improvement
- Good problem-solving skill
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Can learn and apply new information, tools or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.