You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML. If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out.
Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress. One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Role and responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Quality team in San Diego, CA to help ensure purchased items meet Cymer’s stringent product quality standards. This requires technical interactions with suppliers, designers, manufacturing engineers, and the procurement team. Preference will be given to highly motivated, self-managed individuals with a strong commitment to delivering innovative process improvements. This is an early career opportunity for someone eager to gain professional experience and expand their industry knowledge To be successful in this role one must possess analytical problem solving skills as well as the ability to make quick and sound decisions. This role will require a thorough understanding of the issues around making successful decisions that enable uninterrupted production. The ability to work in both manufacturing and engineering lab environments and an understanding of industry-standard quality best practices are a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive root cause investigation of supplier quality issues and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions.
- Create Quality incoming inspection plans and sampling plans.
- Participate and represent Quality in daily and weekly material review boards, manufacturing GEMBA and change control boards.
- Participate in design and program reviews of new supplier products.
- Participate in new supplier evaluations and Quality audits.
- Application of sound engineering principles, lean manufacturing methodologies, and continuous process improvements to the manufacture of products.
- Timely technical risk assessments, schedule estimates, and status reports.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques such as 8D methodology, DMAIC, 5 Why, Ishikawa Fishbone Analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of industry inspection methods and standards with the ability to translate to product acceptability.
- Ability to lead resolution of technical issues.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, including preparing and delivering presentations, participation in purchasing negotiations as technical support, negotiating specifications and process requirements.
- Able to work cross functionally with personnel from various organizations to include Manufacturing, Engineering, Tech Development, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Astute attention to details.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Motivated and results oriented – must be able to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and flexibility to accommodate changes necessary to achieve success.
- Strong ability to influence without authority.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.