You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Integration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like to continuously improvethe performance of the machine? Do you have a broad technical interest combined with good communication skills? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
Role and responsibilities
The DE (Development & Engineering) P&I (Performance & Integration) System Integration department is responsible for the integration, verification and release of system configurations such that these can be manufactured and installed within the required quality and can also be maintained in the field. We supportBusiness Line, Manufacturing and Customer service to achieve customer satisfaction.
defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. In the position of System Test Engineer you will be part of the team that defines the integration strategy and gives an advise of the quality and risks still left after the integration of integrates a wide variety of hardware, software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a the specified level.
The System Test Engineertakes the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and the testing verification of these deliveries. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.). The System Test Engineer defines the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms for his integration steps.The System Test Engineer takes the lead in the creation of the test strategy of projects, deliverables and identifies gaps that projects may have due to limited system level knowledge adds value from system level perspective. Resulting in a solid advise towards the business line w.r.t. the delivered quality.During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer STE will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues (.on or off site).
Main activities and responsibilities::
- Define optimal integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system
- Verification of the quality of subsystem deliveries by reviewing their qualification reports
- Participate with the integration tests on the system, mainly during troubleshooting or critical test phases
- Take lead in the definition of the problem statement and be a sparring partner during the analysis and solution phase of the found of system issues that have been found during integration testing
- Report and advise toward program management on system integration progress, test results amount of risk mitigated and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities
- Define – both short and long term – solutions for system issues
Education and experience
Technical education on MSc. Level in direction of Physics, Physics, (electro-)Optics , Mechanical, Electrical or engineering, Mechatronics , Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator or architect in multidisciplinary projects
- Knowledge on system level of ASML machines (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in working on ASML machines (preferred)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface and/ cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years Ready to be employed at least 2 years
- Ability / willingness to attend additional courses or to work at local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.