You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Bachelor apprenticeship in TWINSCAN Factory
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
This is a 1,5 to 2 year graduate program in which you get the chance to develop yourself in process improvements, technical support and operations. Are you ready to: have an incredible experience in a highly dynamic international environment with passionate colleagues? Learn more about system integration & packaging, including system build and prepack operations? And get the chance to focus on your personal development; where would you like to be two years from now? If so, this might be a great opportunity for you!
Role and responsibilities
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
The department of System Integration & Pack (SI&P) is responsible for assembling, powering on and disassembling the ASML’s DUV (Deep Ultraviolet) lithography systems. It is part of the bigger operations department which comprises the entire production and installation of these amazing machines. Working at the SI&P department you will be working in the heart of our organization!
ASML is growing in response to ever-increasing digitalization and the demand for microchips around the world. And the semiconductor industry will continue to grow - building even more innovativelithography systems to meet our customer demand. Are you eager to be part of this journey to change the world together, then we are looking for you!
The first 1,5-2 years you will develop your hands on experience as a Technician within System Integration & Pack. You will be part of a fast growing department which is responsible for assembling and disassembling all complete DUV systems within the Twinscan Factory.
Within those first few years there is a strong collaboration with other departments which are responsible for trouble shooting, process improvements, logistics and management. Furthermore, this opportunity will make you a well rounded person and gives you the opportunity to move on to other departments afterwards.
A next department could be for example:
- Technical Support (TS), which is responsible for the first line and solves weekly about 400 technical disturbances in the factory. This includes analytical trouble shooting and hands-on technical support in both the Twinscan factory as on-site in customer factories.
Another possibility is to broaden your knowledge in the department of:
- Process Improvement (PI), which is responsible for work preparation. Moreover, they solve and prevent structural issues.
Education and experience
Recent HBO graduates, or max 1 year working experience, in Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Automotive Engineering for example. Study background is less relevant if you have strong and proven affinity with system assembling.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self starters who are able to analyze complex problems and can come up with out of the box solutions.
- True teamplayers who easily adapt to their environment.
- Starters who are keen to develop themselves: we want you to be the best version of you!
We offer you
- 2 fixed term contracts for the duration of the program, with the intention of an indefinite contract after successful completion
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary incl. shift allowance
- 27 vacation days
- 13th month payment
- Profit sharing
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Access & Mobility allowance
- Access to the ASML Vitality program
- Joining development programs and be part of a group of fresh graduates
- A safe and supportive environment to experiment in and to bring your ideas into practice
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will start working in 2-shifts schedule within the cleanroom.
2-shifts + weekend:
- Week days: 06:30 - 15:30 hours + 15:00 - 00:00 hours;
- Weekends once a month from 07:00 - 16:00 hours.
After 1,5-2 years your schedule will be dependent of your next career step.
Please submit an updated version of your CV and a cover letter stating your clear motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.