You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer (Cymer) - based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
For Cymer we are looking for a Field Service Engineer, based in our Ireland Leixlip office. The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Cymer systems at our customer sites. If you enjoy working closely with customers providing on-site technical expertise in the field then you’ll find a challenging opportunity at Cymer Ireland!
Role and responsibilities
As a Field Service Engineer you will:
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot advanced Cymer equipment issues at the customer site;
- Perform installations, repairs, retrofits, upgrades, tests and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites;
- Ensure that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Take ownership for maintaining and optimizing the equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and proactively prevent problems;
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.
Education and experience
For this position we minimally require a bachelor's degree in one of the following technical fields: electronics, mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, industrial, physics or other related fields.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills are required where a 'Can do' / 'will Do' attitude is sought to enable us to proactively maintain and improve customers systems in the field;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Attention to detail and a quality mindset;
- Being able to be successful in a team environment;
- Strong personal organizational skills and enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic work environment;
- Exhibit Good flexibility and strong ownership.
Diversity & Inclusion
Cymer is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
International Training Program
An international training program in San Diego may be required depending on your experience level, which also may include a support assignment in an international customer facility to build experience on customer process, way of working, startup preparation, technical knowledge development will also be required.
Shift Based Work
The position requires the ability to support shift based working schedules including weekend/nights support - in which case applicable shift allowances and overtime allowances apply.