You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Global Support Center Engineer (Yieldstar)
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts.
The Senior Global Support Center Engineer (Yieldstar) is responsible for our Yieldstar metrology system which is a very diverse product where several competencies are combined including servo systems, electronics, optical modules, environmental control (particles), metrology and software.
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. To minimize these costs the ASML Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible for solving system issues as soon as possible. The Global Support Center (GSC) acts as a third line support to teams on-location at our customer sites to solve these complex technical challenges.
Role and responsibilities
As a Senior Global Support Center Engineer within CS you will encounter diverse tasks and responsibilities which vary according to the phase of system maturity:
- Solving complex technical problems by remotely analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans. Alignment with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide is key;
- Managing escalation processes by taking the lead in organizing and managing an expert team for critical escalations. Setting up meetings, involving relevant stakeholders and following up with clear defined actions is crucial;
- Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers, for example, following a New Product Introduction project for which you were on location at a customer site;
- Motivating and managing teammates through handling tasks like work force planning, guiding, coaching, motivating and challenging;
- Collaborating with internal departments such as Service Engineering and Development Engineering to prevent issues from occurring again in future;
- Staying updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products to handle the diversity of problems in rapidly evolving environments. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge is very valuable within GSC.
Education and experience
- Bachelor / Master degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Aerospace Engineering, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired;
- Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is strongly preferred;
- Experience in a customer-oriented role is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Clear planning and priority setting abilities, adding structure to solving technical issues;
- Proactive attitude with the ability to motivate others;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Coaching skills, involving training and transferring knowledge to others;
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Customer-oriented mentality;
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.