You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Operational Planner
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of material through the production cycle.Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules and plans offsetting the use of new material with reclaimed material where possible.Coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, engineering, quality, and logistics.
Role and responsibilities
- Reviews MRP plan requirements and develops an approved supply plan for all material components.
- Recommends reclaim forecast adjustments based on actual performance.
- Manages manufacturing work orders to drive weekly build schedule to released configurations.
- Analyzes and reports material shortages and impacts to ship schedule.
- Participates on process development/improvement teams as a departmental representative.
- Attends manufacturing and program management meetings to align build plans to approved Plan of Records.
- Drives allocation decisions using impact analysis with Materials, Manufacturing, and/or Program Management.
- Manages scrap or rework activities resulting from engineering change orders.
- Executes special and/or ongoing research and data analysis tasks on behalf of professionals or management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business, or Production Management. Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Knowledge of planning, scheduling, purchasing, production, and inventory control practices and processes a must.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of theories of ASCP/MRP, JIT, Kanban and Lean Manufacturing.
- Understanding of the concepts and functionality of integrated manufacturing systems, Oracle preferred.
- Experience in the areas of cycle time reduction, process flow and cost optimization.
- Knowledge of process mapping and flow charts to help improve methodologies and processes desired.
- Experience with a semiconductor or equivalent level IC/Electronics equipment manufacturing organization preferred, but not required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to use general business system (ERP/MRP) experience preferred.Oracle experience a plus.
- Ability to work through and achieve goal-related activities and improvements.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.