You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Lead (with agile mindset) Scrum Master
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
You’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries.
Working location will be Veldhoven. Our Employees are our most important assets and therefore we invest in your career development. So when you apply you don’t just apply for a job but for a career within ASML.
In addition to our highly competitive compensation and benefits package, you’ll be able to work and lead multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment in a fast growing market; you’ll work with specialists from all over the world, adapting the latest techniques and of course you will get the chance to work directly for our demanding customers to help make Moore’s law possible.
Role and responsibilities
As a Team Leader of scrum teams, you would be responsible for implementing engineering processes for the team, who are working on some of the most difficult projects in the industry. You will provide leadership and guidance to the team members and enable them to provide high quality deliverables, help build up a high performance team and manage the general team well-being.
You would also be the responsible for stakeholder management and streamline communication channels with the team in a large matrix organization. You will work with multidisciplinary teams with mechanical, optical and electronic experts on the next generation optical elements and help solve challenging problems for our chip manufacturing customers.
- Lead the team by understanding projection lens or context topic
- Balance the workload of the team members to reach the most value of the PIPE value
- Not be afraid of challenging the work breakdown/scenarios of the team and stakeholders as one team
- Own the execution of the PIPE agreements, monitor and report out in case of slip
- Know and apply the V-model
- Manage risks of the deliverables
- Address the competence gaps per team and discuss with GL
- Be in alignment with the 3iab on the changing scope
- Understand risks & impediments & ensures that are solved by the team or properly escalated
- Creates insights and transparency on team maturity, progress and secures quality of the value delivered
Education and experience
Master’s degree or PhD in physics / optics, data analytics, hardware engineering, or related fields.
- Over 8 years of work experience of which at least 3 years in a team lead role in a high-tech, multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience with managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience managing (external) suppliers and stakeholders.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Take ownership – you are driven by your sense of responsibility, you are aware of the impact of your work and you take ownership for your tasks.
- Enable the team to use Scrum WoW within the group/team
- Team building and facilitation,
- Give guidance on quality and way of working
- Communicational skills (both technical and managerial) on different abstraction levels
- Support inclusions within the team
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Able to create a balance outcome when in conflict of interests in project demands and people’s interest
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products. In close co-operation with colleagues from multiple disciplines (mechatronics, optics, electronics, software), you will be part of teams who deliver the key solutions for the success of ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.