You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Lead, Droplet Generator
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.The Droplet Generation System Function is responsible for creating a steady stream of micron-scale droplets of molten tin injected into a vacuum vessel at a rate of tens of thousands per second, which generate EUV light when hit by infrared laser pulses.The teams is fully responsible for development of the droplet generator and for overall integration of the module within EUV source. The complexity of the EUV source and corresponding requirements for the droplet generation put exciting and challenging demands on the Droplet Generation Project Lead, who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of engineers from a variety of disciplines engaged in defining and providing solutions to systematically drive the performance of existing and future Droplet Generators.
The successful candidate will lead the work of a multidisciplinary team mastering complex engineering activities of significant technical depth related to multiple phases of the product development, including design, implementation, integration, validation, and test, problem solving andtroubleshooting. The candidate shall ensure that all project results are successfully delivered on time and on budget. In addition, to be effective in the role candidates must possess interpersonal skills to cross functional boundaries and to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage multiple concurrent projects within the Droplet Generation organization.
- Develop and maintain project plans and present progress against plans in all required forums.
- Collaborate with the functional manager and project architect to develop project roadmaps, improvement waterfalls, schedules, progress dashboards and risk assessments.
- Coordinate the development of basic design parameters and architecture to carry a design from the conceptual stage through implementation, test and deployment.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers).Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Assure Specifications and Designs are written, reviewed and delivered to proper teams in a timely manner. This includes operational procedures, and training materials.
- Analyze and communicate customer needs and reconcile these with design teams, deliverables and management as appropriate.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to upper management and internal / external customers as a primary project spokesperson
- Interact with all partner teams and other project managers as primary spokesperson on relevant project/program issues.
- Sometimes work within loosely defined change parameters to accommodate needs of customer and adjacent organizations. Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.Exercise judgment within pre-defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Identify required changes as flexibility is required. Manage and perform all project “change management” duties as appropriate to meet objectives in a very dynamic environment.
Education and experience
- Requires minimum of BS in ME, EE, Comp Sci, Comp Eng, Controls Eng, Physics or other related engineering or science field. MS in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years in technical development roles plus 2 years of experience in a project leadership or management role.
- Must have practical experience with project planning and successful track record of execution.
- Experience with lithographic systems a plus, experience with semiconductor capital equipment desired.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Full understanding and ability to drive a product design from concept, through engineering development, integration, formal test, and into production.
- Ability to translate engineering tasking into manageable project data sets, analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and graphical formats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of upstream and downstream relationships.
- Ability to take decisions for the team based on existing facts and organize team structure and scheduling to lead towards achieving the required goals
- Must have led engineering staff, and delivered a number of projects successfully with verifiable track record.
- Ability to work effectively across functional boundaries to build relationships with all areas in the company, to understand and reconcile higher level company and customer needs.
- Ability to use all required office and engineering tools to include Documents Control Systems, SCM Systems, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under pressure of meeting critical deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.