You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Quality Manager - Twinscan Factory
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Manufacturing sector within Operations consists of a global network of factories. Within that sector the Twinscan Factory is responsible for the making & installing of ASML’s DUV (NXT &XT) lithography machines. The role of the Operational Excellence department within Twinscan Factory is to drive Operational Excellence to ensure long term quality at sustainable cost levels. This department develops and leverages ways of working as part of the ASML-wide Operational Excellence network.
Competences: Business Process Improvement, Lean, Quality and EHS.
Role and responsibilities
The TF Manufacturing Quality Manager is responsible for:
Quality Improvement – Using the Voice of the Customer process
- Drive customer issues to the shopfloor and convey the customer’s voice.
- Serve as factory Q single contact with other factories, ASML Global Quality, D&E Q & CS Q on factory product quality issues & responsible for conveying clear problem statements to the shopfloor and represent the customer’s voice.
- Lead x-functional teams within factory to drive follow up on CQN, DoA to meet annual and long-term objectives
- Conduct or organize Voice of Customer sessions on the shopfloor with production engineers and technicians/operators
- Send regular updates/reports to a wide population about the status of the VoC quality issues at hand
- Serve as initial/key contact and local facilitator for external customer audits
- All above also for Install for system delivering factories
Quality Engineering - Drive improvement of Manufacturing Quality
- Drive improvement of Manufacturing Quality in key quality performance indicators pragmatically and structurally
- Maintain Q KPI Dashboards and collect KPI inputs.
- Drive data-driven improvement in key manufacturing quality indicators such Cost of Non-Quality (CoNQ), zero repeats
- Lead robust quality issue resolution via structured problem-solving tools like 8D
- Lead Quality breakthrough initiatives to accelerate manufacturing quality improvement
- Implement additional Q gates.
- Capture improvements & best-known methods and drives deployment of learning in the organization
- Drive improvements on process capability & ship-in-population (SPC),
- Drive improvements on quality system implementation for NPI (new product & new processes; via eg FMEA)
Quality Assurance - Driving Robust Quality Assurance Process
- Drive robust Quality Operation System (QC/QA) and compliance to ISO (processes standardization & documentation)
- Plan and conduct internal process audits. Track and close non conformances/ agreed upon OFIs in a timely manner
- Continuously improve processes / procedures for factory
- Collaborate with other Sectors to connect and improve E2E business processes
- Facilitate external ISO assessor audits within factory/local site
- Manage Quality & Continuous Improvement competences, including means & methods to support the execution
Quality Ambassador - Promoting & Advancing the Factory Quality Culture
- Implement Quality initiatives to build and promote Quality culture/ Quality mindset of factory employees
- Represent the factory and lead Q days
- Stimulate/recognize good quality behavior.
- Create and deliver Q training to factory teams
- Develop the Quality Community to increase value add
Competence Building & Coaching:
- As Quality Manager you will be part of the TF OE Staff team and responsible for building & maturing the competence in the team.
- You will coach & mentor a small number of Quality specialists in the team (with formal line responsibilities) to improve quality & consistency in our approach, making TF OE the center of excellence for Quality improvements within TF.
Education and experience
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in technical or environmental studies, combined with further specialization in an Quality related field (e.g. SAP QM)
We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager who:
- Has over 10 year relevant experience with Quality Management in a large multi-national environment, preferably within a low-volume, high-tech environment
- Has experience in a complex and technical discrete industry environment
- Has proven coaching experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Program & Project Management skills & demonstrated successful Program Management experience
- You can naturally convince, inspire and motivate people
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships on different levels in the organization
- Able to cooperate and communicate on all levels in an organization
- Sensitive to political environments and multiple stakeholder agenda’s
- Improvement and proactive mindset
- Driven, enthusiastic and persistent character in combination with a healthy natural curiosity
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and English language, both verbally and written.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The TF Quality Manager reports solid line to the Head of Operational Excellence. The TF Quality Manager will have interfaces throughout the entire ASML organization, on all levels. In this function you will have formal line responsibilities for a small group of Quality specialists.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.