You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Scrum Master Hardware heat and mass transfer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML’s Development & Engineering sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In the Machine Conditioning cluster we’re looking for a talented Scrum Master to lead a team that is contributing to the new product design, realization of hardware and field issue resolution.
As Scrum Master, you will work with multidisciplinary teams with mechanical, thermal and flow engineers on the next generation machines and help solve challenging problems for our chip manufacturing customers. On top, you will contribute to the adoption and maturity of AGILE/scrum/SAFe in your team, group and department.
Are you challenged by demanding product development in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities to coach multidisciplinary teams to innovative solutions through the AGILE/scrum/SAFe wow? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines together with a highly motivated team make you feel responsible and proud? Then we are looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
As Scrum Master you steer and coach a team of technical professionals and an average day may look like this:
You lead the Scrum meeting with your team of engineers with different disciplines to align on the short term plan. You work closely together with your Product Owner to align priorities and planning. From the Release Train Engineer you receive the communication on the next Agile Release Train, and you will work on your team’s input.
Later that day, you have a team meeting where you facilitate decision making on the best solution for a complex fluid system problem. After this, you meet one of your team members to discuss progress and risks.
- A team of some of the brightest minds to work with
- A bustling and driven company culture
- Great development opportunities
- Coach team members towards building a high-performing team
- Remove team impediments, contribute with initiatives to improve efficiency in team WoW
- Facilitate a product development team to execute the work in an AGILE/scrum environment
- Develop ways to have a view on team velocity andplanning/tracking together with the Product Owners
- Get involved in the technical details and decision making
- Work in a team of Scrum Masters and help improve the Agile Release Train
- Play an important role in creating an inspiring climate for innovation and improvement
- Be able to confront while maintaining a good relation.
Education and experience
MSc Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- More than 3 years working experience in a product development environment
- More than 2 years of experience coordinating a team in a large-scale product development environment
- Good people manager experience - coaching, motivating individuals in developing a high performing team
Experience managing (external) suppliers and stakeholders
- SAFe SSM, SAFe SASM or CSM certificate
Nice if you have:
- Coaching certificate
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices or even better Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience in Change Management
- Personal skills
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- People focused leadership, empathy, involvement
- Listening, influencing, networking
- Team building
- Step-up / speak-up, have impact
- Ability to address, give feedback
- Operational Leadership, planning, organizing
- Structuring decision making
- Strong desire to work in thermal engineering environment
- Profound interest in high tech systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The department EUV Scanner is part of the Machine Conditioning cluster of development and engineering (D&E) within ASML. The task of this department is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas & vacuum conditioning. Technology areas are: gas, vacuum and water flow and pressure control, fluid architecture and design, temperature control.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.