You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Finance Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon. To provide financial planning, analysis, and decision support for factory organization. Manages, prepares, administers, and directs the control of the budget.Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.Generates business insights and drives issue resolution to closure.
Role and responsibilities
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather,analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding annual financialplans and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Serve as a financial business partner for the factory organization,building key relationships and supporting the achievement of thedepartment’s priorities and key objectives.
- Review operating expenses and capital expenditures tounderstand variances and improve future forecasts.
- Assist in the development of monthly packages to beutilized for financial management reporting, including varianceexplanations, forecast updates, scenario building and other analyses.
- Assist in the development of the annual operating plan(budget) and manage monthly and quarterly forecast updates for the factoryorganization.
- Assist in the monthly/quarter-end close process byreviewing open purchase orders, production work orders, opex and capex,and coordinating with various business partners to estimate incurredexpenses to inform forecast updates.
- Provides monthly financial forecasts andreview/analysis of operating results.
- Provides support for month/year end close.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding costsaving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvementstrategies.
- Establishes and maintains databases of pertinentinformation for analysis.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present andfuture financial performance.
- Manages the development and implementation ofprocesses, procedures, control and/or action planning for conductingspecial studies to analyze complex financial models or situations.
- Works closely with assigned organizations to developtools, analysis and metrics that enable targeted financial performance.
Education and experience
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, orrelated field or equivalent experience. Typically has 5+ years of directwork experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, andeffectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent internal customer service skills, with anadvanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access,PowerPoint, Spotfire and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of financial theory and applicationto operational decision making.
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques.
- Ability to identify trends and recommend improvementsaccordingly.
- In depth skills related to budgeting and costmanagement.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accountingprinciples.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employeeroutinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard,finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move aroundthe campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includeclose vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, andability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperatureand noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information,and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations andinteract with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.