You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Function Systems Engineer - Dose
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Physics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The EUV source is complex integrated system utilizing a high power CO2 laser to irradiate liquid tin droplets, creating a laser produced plasma (LPP). The plasma produces EUV light at 13.5nm wavelength, enabling leading edge lithography tools to print complex circuit patterns for the fabrication of integrated circuits. This technical innovation enables the continued scaling of device speed, power and density for every major semiconductor manufacturer. At ASML, system engineering (SE) translates the customer requirements for new products into a system design. During the design and integration process System Engineering guides Development & Engineering (D&E), guards the specifications and verifies the performance at system level at the end of the development process.This position is for an EUV source dose Systems Engineer, who will be responsible for delivering to system level dose specifications per EUV source product roadmap.This position requires in-depth understanding of the fundamentals in EUV generation using LPP architecture, EUV scanner customer use cases as well as the critical contributors to EUV pulse to pulse instabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads overall source dose margin roadmap. Balances requirements against impact; manages cross-sectoral technical integration.
- Oversees system design with focus on dose margin budgets to plasma generation recipes.
- Deliverables: Dose Margin Roadmap, Feasibility Test Definitions, Product Feasibility Reports, Product Performance Specifications and Sub-budgets to Functions, System Level Alpha Test Definition and Acceptance Reports.
- Prepares technical input to key program decisions for review by senior executives. Manage system engineering deliverables to the product generation process such as identification of key technical risks, system performance projections and status of the overall architecture development.
- Leads for optimal functional integration of subsystems into the whole product (guiding the product integration plan).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a PhD in controls, physics or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience; or a Master’s with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience architecting complex, cross functional or cross competence (mechanical, SW, Electronics, controls) systems or subsystems.
- Experience developing complex systems within large engineering teams (>250 engineers).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience with complex system design and integration.
- In-depth understanding of plant dynamics of a complex system and their contributions to shot-to-shot instabilities of pulsed system such as EUV source operating at multiple rep rates.
- Track record of technical leadership in semiconductor manufacturing equipment design and engineering.
- Ability to cross functional boundaries to build relationships with all areas in the company, to understand and reconcile higher level company and customer needs. The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven capability to convey technical matters, both written and orally, in a clear and precise manner.
- Internally recognized specialist on complex technical and/or business matters. Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Proactively identifies potential issues and brings potential solutions to managers. Provide a leadership role for the work group through advanced knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Excellent customer and key stake holder management skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building internally or externally.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
- perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
The Californiabase annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently$121,875 - $203,125 . Payscales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with marketdata. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment ofseveral factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but notlimited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience,certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other teammembers. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program,benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.