You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Training and Development Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Training & Development Manager is responsible for the products & services and the daily operations of San Diego Factory Learning & Development program. Understand the business and align Learning & Knowledge Management initiatives with strategic ambitions & business objectives.Actively engage and align with topics, initiatives, best practices, and Ways of Working (WoW) set by the Manufacturing Academy and the Learning & Knowledge Management Center of Expertise.
This position requires access to controlled technology as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- You will be supporting multiple departments within Operations such as; Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Planning and Logistics, and Operational Excellence.
- Manages organizational development programs for the San Diego Factory
- Interface with Snr. Leadership and other relevant stakeholders to understand the needs, impact, and efficacy of the training program and drive continuous improvement
- Oversee the completion of regular Learning Needs Analysis (LNA) to guide budgeting, development planning, and Return of Investment (ROI) measurements
- Analyzes and communicates training effectiveness
- Actively engage with the Manufacturing Academy and Learning & Knowledge Management community to ensure training and performance improvement programs and initiatives are effectively implemented in San Diego Factory
- Manage the training team’s development projects: materials, eLearning and programs, curriculum, lesson plans, and course materials
- Ensures long-term sustainability for programs; oversee updates and needed resources
- Stays abreast of training and development research: organizational development, learning theory, motivation theory, new materials, methods, and techniques
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree is required with related experiences; MA/MS preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience in Learning & Development or similar role(s)
- 5+ Years’ experience in Management
- Strong project management skills with superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Desire for continuous improvement, development and eager to develop and grow your organization
- Experience working in organizational and/or technical training environment preferred
- Experience working in a project management role
- Experience working in a world-wide organization with multiple global locations desired
- Experience working in the semiconductor, manufacturing, or technical industries desired
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and partner with Training Teams, Operational Staff and Leadership to build trust and influence at multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Skill with using a variety of computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, Learning Management System (LMS), and scheduling applications) required
- Exercises good judgment in applying professional teaching methods, techniques, and criterion for delivering and measuring learner progress toward specific goals
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Performance consulting skills to identify business drivers and analyze learning needs of customers
- Proven ability to lead teams and initiatives with direct and indirect authority.
- Ability to analyze course evaluation data
- Ability to influence/negotiate through formal and informal networks.
- Analytical and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage a variety of resources according to a detailed project plan
- Ability to manage complex situations with diverse requirements with good judgment
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
#LI-Onsite (with flexible work schedule)