You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Function Cluster Architect Immersion
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
The DUV D&E (Developmentand Engineering) Optical Column (OC) department is responsible for the optical column, from photon generation towards a good quality aerial image which can be printed in photoresist, and is concerned with the design, development, testing, integration and qualification of the optical column performance in the TWINSCAN system. The department functionality consists of the source/laser, beam delivery, dose control, Illumination, reticle masking, projection, immersion and optical column conditioning.
As part of the Optical Column Conditioning group, the Immersion function is responsible for the liquid lens in the DUV immersion machines and management of the immersion water.
Our customers make computer chips. To do so successfully requires that the liquid lens in our scanners is conditioned perfectly to avoid disturbance of the Aerial Image. We cannot leave any micro droplets behind or create micro bubbles in the immersion water, because this would create defects on the wafer and impact customer yield. To achieve just that is the responsibility of the Immersion Function.
As a Function Architect Immersion, you will translate our business drivers, the technical reality of today and the required reality of tomorrow, in a set of stretching yet realistic and achievable deliverables for our Immersion development teams.
Your mission is to convey this vision to the development teams and the relevant stakeholders, create traction and drive the development effort in the right direction.
Role and responsibilities
You will own the expertise in how design choices in scanner Hardware and Software and choices in the application (such as scanner settings, motion profiles and resist processes), influence Immersion performance. You understand why and how Immersion performance is important to our customers.
- You will work with the Function Owner on the Immersion Function Roadmap, projecting Immersion deliverables into the future and linking them to the Product Roadmap.
- You will align with other D&E projects, Competence Management, Project Management, Manufacturing, Marketing, Customer Support, System Engineering and the Customer, securing that the development activities you have projected in the roadmap are reviewed, recognized and supported by all relevant stakeholders.
- You will be the technical conscience of one or more development projects, working to meet a shared goal against challenging constraints; mentor engineers and plotting the technical direction of the team, making sure that the right technical choices are made. You will work closely with scrum teams and product owners in a Scaled Agile Framework. (SAFe)
- You will drive feasibility studies and use their outcome to recommend design choices. You will be closely involved in creating sensible and measurable Immersion specifications. You will direct development of tests, diagnostics and analysis tools, enabling us to verify, trouble-shoot and optimize scanner Immersion performance.
Working at ASML as a Function Architect Immersion is about being part of a dynamic, fast-paced community, facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together. You will find an open environment, offering myriad possibilities to take charge of your career, to be inspired, to have fun.
Education and experience
- Solid technical background (BSc/MSc/PhD in physics, flow, nano technology or related).
- Experience (> 7 years) in a relevant field of expertise.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Robust personality is a must
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, stir.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Team player, responsible and reliable
- Able to distinguish main matters from side issues. Able to develop a vision.
- Excellent communicator. Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
- Convincing. Speaks up. Able to convey a vision.
- Flexible and committed.
- Preferably experience in working in an Agile work environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.