You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Change Leader (Change Specialist)
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon
The Configuration Management department at ASML is organized across Operations and Engineering. This position reports into the Sourcing & Supply Change (S&SC) department. We are looking for people that can extend the management team to help with the growing configuration management for the next steps in development of configuration management at ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As Product Change Leaders you will lead Project Change Control Boards teams of 7+ cross-sectoral stakeholders.
You are responsible for the efficient and effective execution of a change process in a dynamic product environment. Hereby you need to develop and coach your team to drive changes on scope, quality and timing.
Ensure project alignment on configuration process and way-of-working cohesion, alignment and collaboration with change dependencies is required. Good stakeholder relationships and network-building is essential due to the cross-sector collaboration, including global counterparts at other ASML offices.
Direct, develop, and coach project stakeholders to meet project and product deliverables with high-quality and on-time predictability.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and Notifications (CNs) (today: IPs and ECs) for implementation in Development and Operations.
- Coordinate dependencies across Notifications.
- Compile requests impacting same documents and same effectivity.
- Compile changes in a manner that best achieves end‐item traceability and minimizes implementation costs (verify re‐identification decisions).
- Facilitate Full Track and Fast Track Changes (today: On-line and Off-Line Changes).
- Prepare agenda and chair the Change Control Board (CCB) meeting.
- Consider workloads prior to releasing Notifications to the CCB for implementation.
- Initiate, monitor and control the implementation of approved CNs.
- Drive execution in close alignment with Project Lead(s) and/or Product Development Manager.
- Monitor and intervene in case of master schedule changes and product definition changes impacting (dependent) notifications.
- Contributes to safeguard the [email protected] policy in daily execution.
- Contribute to the further development of [email protected]
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Interpersonal Configuration Management work experience acceptable.
- 3+ years interpersonal configuration management way of working.
- Configuration change management skills with complex Bills of Materials.
- Development and/or Operations way of working; ability to support product changes.
- Project coordination and implementation planning skills; envisioning development and operations impact.
- Problem solving techniques.
- Continuous improvement focused.
- People development experience.
- Preferred: Configuration Management Certification (CMII modules 1 thru 4).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Natural leader, outgoing, and easy to be approached.
- Persistenceuntil goal has been achieved.
- Structured and organized.
- Ability to manage conflict and sets priorities effectively, with awareness of ASML sub cultures.
- Ability to coach and drive people development.
- Ability to teach configuration change management to colleagues with different skill levels.
- Ability to teach hard and soft skills aspects of interpersonal configuration management.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and constructive cooperation with stakeholders.
- Ability to explain topics to stakeholders of different backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to handle conflicts and set priorities effectively, while aware of ASML sub cultures.
- Strong communicator while sensitive to stakeholder interest and triggers.
- Driven by analytical data to support continuous improvement (people, process, and tooling).
- Takes responsibility for decisions made.
- Show cost awareness by minimizing cost impact wherever possible.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.