You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Manager
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The project manager demonstrates the best-in-class project management skills in project planning, driving execution, tracking progress, introducing new or improved processes, and supporting software release or project completion on time and in budget.
Role and responsibilities
- Organize project planning: scope (priority), resources, and timeline. Keep good records of the planning for easy communication (Gantt charts, meeting minutes etc.).
- Drive project execution by tracking project status, Agile sprint status (where applicable), milestones, risks. Hold regular project meetings to track deliveries, mitigate risks, and promote cross team information sharing. Drive project success through agreement
- Facilitate cross team work to address multi-product or multi-project dependency. Ensure cross product deliverables are committed.
- Communicate decisions in JIRA tickets and meeting notes.
- Coordinate software release schedule.
- Continuous improvements: identify potentials for new improvements and contribute to the improvement of the whole operations value chain (system re-design) and infrastructure by participating in or facilitating problem solving sessions.
- Represent the project team to provide product release or project on-going and completion reports
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Technical area or Business Administration with three years of relevant work experience in Manufacturing or Industry, preferably in a high tech (semiconductor) environment.
- Job-related knowledge and/or managerial experience, e.g. computational lithography (FEM, OPC, LMC, SMO, etc.), collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence, is a plus
- Familiar with Agile process is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents.
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies;
- Exceptional organization and communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations;
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Team player: able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus;
- Structured and precise way of working;
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people;
- Drive, enthusiasm and persistence, self-starting and motivating;
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
·This position is located on-site in San Jose, California.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
·A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
May require travel dependent on business needs (0-15%)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.