You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Head of Compliance Operations & Processes
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The job mission of the head of Compliance Processes & Operations is to work with the experts responsible for the various compliance programs to ensure that these programs are implemented in a standardized way,using state of the art tools & methods and to ensure that adequate monitoring and reporting is in place on the status of these compliance programs.
The function reports to the Global Chief Compliance Officer and is part of the Legal & Compliance function within ASML
The Head of Compliance Processes and Operations will lead a small team responsible to ensure that the compliance areas for which theLegal & Compliance team are responsible are implemented in a standardized way and make use of standardized systems for risk assessments,training,reporting , monitoring and incident investigating.Each compliance program within ASML is run by a dedicated team,the newly created Compliance Processes and Operation team will play a key role to ensure that the compliance processes throughout the company are implemented in a consistent and robust manner ,in line with the expectations of regulatory bodies responsible for these compliance areas.The L&C department covers the following compliance areas:
- Ethics & Code of Conduct
- Anti Bribery & Corruption and Anti Fraud;
- Sanctions and Export Control
- Insider Risk management
- Employment Law
- Anti Trust / Competition Law
- Privacy Laws
One of the key processes owned by the Compliance Processes and Operations team is the Third Party screening and Due Diligence process.Your team will be responsible to further develop and improve this process together with the external provider and internal stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities
- Further improve and develop the standardized methodology for risk assessments for compliance;
- Coordinate with the internal control department and the compliance experts to ensure robust controls are being implement in each compliance area
- Work with the Learning & Development team to improve the compliance training (material, delivery methods and reporting)
- Develop an aggregated reporting regarding the status of the compliance programs;
- Develop an assurance program regarding compliance building upon the existing maturity assessments and developing annual compliance certifications.
- Develop and introduce a program of compliance assurance including self-assessments, compliance certification as well as monitoring programs;
- Work with internal (and external) audit to agree on auditing of the implementation of the compliance programs;
- Work with HR to develop methodology to measure the compliance culture within ASML as integral part of the annual employee survey and/or other tools. Introduce compliance criteria as element in the performance evaluation of employees and managers.
- Oversee the selection process for screening and Third Party Due Diligence tools as well as the implementation thereof;
- Cooperate with the Legal Operations function regarding the selection of tools used within the compliance function
- Coordinate with the Risk & Business Assurance team to harmonize to the extent possible the programmatic approach of the compliance areas with other regulatory frameworks in the organization (such as in finance, tax product regulatory and other areas)
Education and experience
- Master’s Degree in Legal , Finance or Auditing
- 8-12 years of related professional experience in managing compliance processes
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Establishing and monitoring Compliance programs and/or frameworks preferably in a large corporate, legal or audit firm.
- Experience in working aboard is a pre;
- Fluent in English
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
- Eye for detail
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Head of Compliance Processes and Operations reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and will be based in Veldhoven - the Netherlands and will be part of the broader Legal & Compliance Organization .
As ASML is a rapidly growing global company active in multiple jurisdictions and subject to multiple ,often extraterritorially applicable ,laws and regulations.Geopolitical stakes and the strategic importance of the semi-conductor industry makes that compliance is crucial.This makes this position challenging, complex and key within ASML.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.