You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
DUV Defectivity Performance & Matlab Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
Within D&E, the Defectivity Department within the Machine Conditioning cluster is responsible for making sure the ASML-products have a high-quality output (yield). Any contaminant or water related defect needs to be prevented, since it can impact the yield of the end-product. As defectivity performance engineer you will be actively involved in the integration and qualification of the ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
As a defectivity performance engineer you will develop and execute performance and diagnostic tests for the qualification of DUV Lithography (sub)systems. You will create test plans, execute them, verify the measurement techniques, analyse and document the results and propose solutions to close performance gaps.
We are looking for an all-round defectivity engineer with Matlab skills, who will participate in:
- Development of water loss models and tools in Matlab.
- Setting up test plans, execution of these tests in the cleanroom.
- Data analysis.
- Engage in root cause analysis and understand the various sources that cause issues.
- Support customer and factory issues and escalations.
- Development of new tests.
This work will be in a dynamic environment; both on the topics that need to be worked on and the boundary conditions for the tests themselves are changing often. Linking macro-scale items (for example air/ water flows) to micro-scale defects has proven to be challenging.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, together with other projects responsible for hardware and software modules, system engineering and marketing. You will need imagination and creativity, as well as analytical skills to drive defectivity qualification and trouble-shooting in case of deviations. You need to be assertive while also being a team player and build on the knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community.
Education and experience
A degree in Computer Science/ Engineering / Physics / Material Science/ Chemistry is preferred.
- BSc with minimal 3 years of experience.
- MSc or PhD.
- Extensive knowledge of programming and deployment of algorithms with Matlab is mandatory.
- Statistics and/or knowledge on design of experiments is a plus.
- Affinity with Scanning Electron Microscopy and other inspection/review equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge on flow / fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry and/ or ASML scanners is a nice-to-have.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Pragmatic, innovative and hands-on, highly committed and flexible.
- You are able to work independently.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in cleanroom environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.