You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr Electronics Systems Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Electronics Systems Engineer is responsible for specification, conceptual design, planning, and development of electronic systems in areas of considerable scope and complexity for the industry’s leading micro-lithography systems. The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Mechatronics Systems and Software Development departments.
- Decompose functional requirements and define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electronics products, aligned with other stakeholders.
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration/testing, data collection, and analyzing the effectiveness of the resulting data.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the control electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
Education and experience
- BS Engineering with a major in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of relevant design experience.
- Broad knowledge of electronics, including: Analog Circuit Design, Digital Circuit Design, Power Supplies, Electronics manufacturing, Electronic systems design and specification,Computer systems design and specification, System understanding of DSP implementations (both hardware and software), High-Speed Architectures.
Basic knowledge of:
- Physics; Including Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Mechatronics and Optics.
- Multiple years’ experience as designer of electronic functions and sub-systems, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Electronic Product Design (NPI).
- Digital Logic Development.
- FPGA Microcontroller Firmware.
- Motion Control Systems.
- Experience in developing and modeling real-time signal processing algorithms.
- Ability to support the testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level using standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Signal generators, etc.…).
- Hands-on working knowledge and experience with: Electronic Laboratory Equipment, Circuit Simulation Tools (i.e. PSpice or other), MATLAB or similar modeling software.
- Strong English Communication Skills– both written and oral.
- Experience presenting to executive leadership.
- Experience working in a project-oriented team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Quality Focus and Ownership Mentality– desire to deliver top quality at the right cost, right time.
- Technical Presentation Skills.
- Ability to provide technical arguments to influence direction.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven technical mentorship skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.