You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Chief Product Owner Business Capability & Portfolio Management Services
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved. ASML employs close to 30000 employees, has offices in US, Asia and Europe and is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
The mission of the new Business Performance Improvement sector is to orchestrate the portfolio definition of non-PGP improvement programs at ASML level, its prioritization based on customer and business impact, and its execution by the different sectors or, if needed, with its own resources. It will focus on end-to-end processes, requiring to look across organizational boundaries, and considering the entire flow creating value for the customer.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a Chief Product Owner for the Business Capability & Portfolio Management Services ART. This ART is responsible for delivery of innovative solutions to enable the end-to-end strategy deployment process (covering the disciplines Architecture, Portfolio Management & Business Process Management) in their current- and future need for technology support.
Examples of the solutions currently in scope: Bizz design, Jira (-Align), Project Online, Aris and Enterprise Wiki. Someone who is strong in bringing stakeholders together across ASML on all levels, to create an aligned view on how the solutions should support the strategy deployment process.
As the Chief Product Owner you are responsible for the Agile Release Train deliverables. You identify customer needs (business and IT) and develop the program vision and roadmap. Moreover you engage with all stakeholders and prioritize what the Agile Release Train needs to deliver in the next Program Increment. You work closely together with the Discipline Lead of the P3M (Portfolio-, Program- and Project Management) Competence Center to ensure the ART roadmap and the Competence Center roadmap are aligned to implement process improvements and tooling solutions together, creating synergies for the customer and improving maturity of the strategy deployment way of working.
• Own the vision, roadmap and ART backlog
• Align with stakeholders on content and prioritization
• Ensure the ART Backlog is visible, maintained and documented
• Align the ART Program Increment objectives with POs
• Ensure the entire ART understands the context and direction
• Decide whether ART backlog items are done
• Manage priorities of escalations during the Program Increment (PI)
Education and experience
• A Bachelor's degree in a relevant study (e.g. information management, business administration)
• At least 5 years of experience in the program management domain
• At least 3 years of experience acting in similar positions in an agile setting
• Experience in acting on program and / or portfolio level and familiar with collaboration and resource management tooling solutions
• You have proven yourself as a partner to a diverse group of business stakeholders
• SAFe 5.0 experience + certification (preferred)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Deliver work that meets ambitious quality standards, recognize and pay attention to the critical few details and take measures to improve quality
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills; open, accessible and transparent, able to build strong relationships on all levels in organization
• Able to functionally lead a team of experienced professionals and identify synergies to improve value creation
• Fluent in English, preferably Dutch
• Balances interest of the BPI sector with the interests of stakeholders in other sectors
• Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies to ensure successful delivery of tooling solutions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.