You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Technician's role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes ordering, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal workplace performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
Configures, troubleshoots and supports desktops / laptops, peripherals and cell phones. Provides support for Email, enterprise applications, computer provisioning, VPN and other services.Follows all IT standard processes and procedures along with monitoring license compliance.Provides support of 7/24 Global Support process by serving as Tier 1 / Tier 2 point of contact and owner of problem/incident.
Role and responsibilities
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and takeownership of customer issues reported and provide escalation as deemedappropriate to ensure management awareness of severe problems or callsthat are exceeding documented target resolution times.
- Strong computer skills needed to research,diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to customer issues
- Willingness to comply with standard proceduresfor proper handoff of unresolvable issues to the appropriate internalteams in order to maximize customer satisfaction
- Commitment to documenting knowledge in theform of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Exceptional customer service skills andexcellent communication skills to provide prompt and accurate feedback tocustomers in a professional manner
- Assists with the installation, configuration,and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, andsoftware within established standards and guidelines.
- Follows all IT standard processes and proceduresalong with monitoring license compliance.
- Perform remote troubleshooting throughdiagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Logs all customer requests and updates callsutilizing the designated call handling and tracking system.
- Provides Helpdesk, Deskside and Walkup hardwareand software support as needed.
- Provides support of 7/24 Global Supportprocess by serving as tier 1 first point of contact and owner ofproblem/incident.
- Provides general knowledge of all Customerstandard products as defined per engagement.
- Performs otherduties as assigned.
Education and experience
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of four (4) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent a plus.
- Minimum of four(4) years’ experience in similar role working experience in a technicalsupport/helpdesk, high profile
- customer service environment.
- Experience in the use and supportof Disk imaging, remote access and knowledge of phone system support isrequired.
- Strongexperience in the use of IT related software and hardware, printers, andusing Helpdesk software.
- Minimum 4-5 years’experience in a customer facing support role.
- IT relatedcertifications desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with computer build out and setup;imaging, application installs and configuration, etc
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data,and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advancedunderstanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, andelectronic e-mail systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated team player with excellentinterpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to effectively interface with customers,vendors, and Network Services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Office365 and Microsoft Windows 7 & Windows 10.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- While performingthe duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk;talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel,crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to movearound the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move upto 50pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learnand apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.