You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Physics/Optics Design Engineer - Source Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others – then the ASML EUV Source Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Our mission is to integrate and drive the source performance of the scanner-source system until proven for high volume manufacturing at our customers. As part of a team that provides the specification and delivery of integrated EUV source solutions, you will be the “right hand” partner and advisor to the System Designer. You will be challenged to translate scanner and customer application requirements into source design proposals for the EUV roadmap, coupled to ASML business drivers reflected in power, dose and Tin debris optimization. Of course, your professional knowledge and expertise will be used to understand and optimize the performance of the plasma and new hardware or software functionality during specification and testing, but your personal talents will also be urgently required during the system integration phase. That’s when deviations in expected system performance levels emerge, after the separate functional modules have been designed, developed and delivered.
During the integration phase you will need to combine your creative problem-solving abilities with analytical thinking and an assertive attitude to develop innovative solutions that get around, break through and/or solve disturbances quickly, without impacting on projected budgets and delivery times. To achieve these solutions you will need to prioritize and set your own goals. You will need to stay focused on a problem’s root cause without distraction while also requesting knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community. Since you will be drilling down into narrow technology areas – including plasma and laser physics, optics and contamination, you can communicate the new specialist knowledge and advise System Designers on the technical feasibility of future new product strategies. Thus opening new career path opportunities.
Role and responsibilities
You will design, create, test and integrate complex source solutions within the boundaries defined by the system specifications, budgeted costs and planning. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize EUV source-scanner performance at the feasibility and integration phase of ASML product development.
- To enable enhanced EUV source performance by integrating, analyzing and supporting the design and application of complex system performance and (sub-) system functionality,
- To validate and optimize plasma design based on scanner performance requirements,
- To specify diagnostic requirements and deliver tools, test and analysis methodology, for performance monitoring and optimization of system availability,
- To deliver customized source solutions, that address specific customer usage problems in its own Fab set-up and application,
- To drive industrialization by ensuring requirements for manufacturability and serviceability are met at minimized/agreed cost.
- You will participate in a team that is responsible and committed to execute EUV source performance integration to deliver optimized source-scanner system performance, including a closed, understood and experimentally
validated system design.
Education and experience
Technical University Masters or Phd in physics, plasma physics, optics or similar.
Software programming skills in Matlab and Python are a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit.
- Problem solver that combines a strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
- You are eager to learn, take responsibility and are able to step into the mind of a customer.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position you will report to Group Lead Source performance
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.