You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Architect - Scanner Plasma
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Electrical engineering, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
In the position of Competence Lead at ASML, you are responsible for solutions and securing learning process related to so called EUV-induced plasma in Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanner by application of plasma related knowledge. You will also further develop and sustain this knowledge with Competence team and also manage the interface towards Hardware and Competence projects in the area of plasma effects on particle release and transport, material degradation and EUV optics. Furthermore, you are responsible for identifying gaps in technology roadmap and securing work to close these gaps via formulation and experimental/ modeling verification of hypothesis of processes in scanner volume and on surfaces assisted by plasma, electrostatics, chemical etching as well as other related processes
Role and responsibilities
-Lead competence team
- Identify gaps in technology roadmap an secure learning to close the gaps (via internal and external collaborations)
- Own scanner plasma modelling roadmap
- Interface to other Competence and HW projects in EUV program via roadmap alignment
- Define structure for thorough analyses of the existing data of EUV scanner both internal and at customer
- Facilitate use of this analysis as an input for a new tool design or problem solution
- Work with the team to suggest containing of the existing problems and propose long term solutions
- Design and development of experiments and supporting modeling
- Contribute to design rule definition and maintenance
- Come up with means and methods to realize your task
- Share your knowledge effectively with the members of the program and department
- Focus area will be plasma investigation in the presence of EUV in low pressure environment in combination with material interfaces, low level contaminants and small particles and photo-charging effects.
Education and experience
- Academic background, MSc or PhD in physics, electrical engineering or chemistry.
- Knowledge of electrostatics, plasma technology and/or surface chemistry and plasma modelling methods is strongly preferred, as well as hands-on (experimental) experience with high vacuum systems.
- Experience: >8 years after MSc/PhD; experience in leading projects.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.