You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Project Management Officer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Want to be part of progress? To develop, coach and guide New Product Development in a dynamic international environment? In the ASML Program Management Office we raise the level of program management within ASML. If you want to be part of a high performing team with a focus on structural improvements, we invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
Role and responsibilities
As PMO Program Officer & PMO Manager you are the driver of program-and project management within the Business Line and responsible for the development of the PMO department. Together with the Program Manager you drive the project management process and oversee the complete product scope.
The PMO department is positioned within the Finance organization. The PMO Program Officer acts as an independent team member of a business team that is responsible for the development of our state-of-the-art lithography machines. As PMO Program Officer you are also responsible for:
- Directly leading a team or ~5fte and indirectly leading a team of ~30fte;
- Contribute to the development of the multi-year PMO Strategy, and actively drive the PMO mission and vision;
- Provide strategic direction by interpretation of business needs into team deliverables;
- Contribute to Business Line and department strategy;
- Manage a complex organizational environment;
- Pro-active advice towards Business Line management and process owner;
- Build and maintain enduring relationships with ASML senior (program and project) executives and act as a 'Trusted Advisor' on matters relating to Program and project management;
- Scope, manage and implement improvement projects aligned with program needs in line with PMO vision;
- Manage implementation of improvements, also outside of own area;
- Selects and decides on hiring of new PMO employees and enables team members in their personal development.
Education and experience
- Education: Bachelor degree or Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 8 years working experience on a managing consultant level in project, business or technology management in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment and/or minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Program/Project Manager of cross functional programs or projects of $20m in a similar environment;
- Experience in(high) tech project environment and proven track record of quicklyunderstanding complex content;
- Experience withimplementation of change and improvement projects or ability to do so.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communicator, being able to influence without hierarchical power, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders;
- Strong team leadership skills; decisive, able to set priorities, give direction
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty;
- Ability to guide, coach and advise at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change and improving the project and process maturity level of the organization;
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently
a. Hands on / Getting things done
b. Take ownership
c. Pro-active drive for improvement
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.