You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Agile Test Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry.
ASML has a global presence with over 20.000 employees working mainly in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
At ASML one works on the further advancement and development of our complex and high-quality technological systems. Therefore, working at ASML is challenging and extremely dynamic but also highly rewarding. To remain successful the company has ambitious objectives and high standard requirements.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
In a dedicated team consisting of software integrators and testers you will be responsible for testing and delivering the software that plays a pivotal role in realizing the core functionality of our high end EUV machines.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team involving Software, Physics and Mechatronics. You will interact with colleagues in Development and Engineering but also with customer support and factory departments.
As an Agile Test Engineer you will validate the SW solutions that increase the capabilities of our machines or that are needed to create a new line of machines. Where necessary the testing will be done manually but an important aspect of the role is to automate and improve our test environment as part of our SW technology roadmap.
- Participate in the risk assessment of the changes made in the software.
- Actively work with developers and business stakeholders to clarify requirements, particularly with respect to testability, consistency, and completeness
- Determine which tests must be created and/or executed to qualify the software for release.
- Execute the defined test sets to qualify a SW delivery.
- When issues are found, raise defects and ensure the delivering team accepts ownership.
- Evaluate feedback and define preventive actions to extend test coverage and improve our qualification strategy.
- Maintain and improve existing test scenarios as well as define, design and implement new test cases and scenarios to increase the quality of SW deliveries.
- Measure and report test coverage across all applicable coverage dimensions
- Active role in integrating testing into our CI/CD pipeline
- Improve our test setups and so we can increase our test coverage.
- Automation should preferably be performed using the Python scripts and/or as keyword driven test scripts using Robot Framework.
- Coaching team members on relevant aspects of testing
Education and experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of testing methodologies, ISTQB Foundation Certification is a must.
- Familiar with Risk Management and Risk Assessment.
- Test experience on system/assembly level.
- Scripting knowledge (e.g. Python, shell) for (test) automation
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins or Github Actions
- Affinity with SCM tools such as git
- Embedded Software development experience (preferably in C/C++) is required to be able to assess the quality of deliveries of projects.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and the V-Model.
- Experience with Robot Framework and Gherkin are a definite plus.
- Experience with the Linux operating system and affinity with hardware is a plus.
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You have the talent to analyze software requirements and designs and assess their testability.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are pro-active, a self-starter, decisive and takes ownership.
- You are a strong communicator with a pragmatic attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is available in the ESE Dose control group that is part of the Embedded SW EUV department of ASML's business function Development & Engineering – Software.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.