You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Freight Operations Analyst
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Do you want to be in control of global goods movements by air, ground and ocean? Do you have a hands-on business mentality, being able to react quickly on changing circumstances and deliver results time over time? Are you always looking for improvements and able to implement them? Do you enjoy building up and being part of a network of global logistics professionals, within as well as outside ASML? Then this is your job!
- Secure an around-the-clock follow up to ongoing shipments and deliver accurate information through standardized communication methods. Provide support to standardize Freight Operation processes, including integration within the IT landscape. Enable and support effective and efficient execution and decision making in cooperation with line management, secure the freight spend according with carrier agreed rates.
Role and responsibilities
In a nutshell, activities with in this role aims to provide operational support for shipments and projects within in the ASML supply chain, freight bill auditing, reporting and transport management system first line support.
Activities are grouped and not limited to:
Freight On-time Delivery:
- Tracking and troubleshooting of ongoing shipments in cooperation with warehouses, forwarders and customs brokers to secure event communication and on-time delivery.
- Support the daily management of the forwarders as first point of contact.
- Secure data milestones completeness and correctness in the Transport Management System (TMS) and Freight Reporting.
- Execute transportation pre-bookings with carriers and freight forwarders to secure capacity.
Freight Bill Auditing/Cost control:
- Maintain and update rate cards in transport management system to secure exact match with the transport rate agreements and compare these with the actual freight bills making sure the registration of cost is done correctly.
- Log and follow up disputes with the freight service providers if mismatches are identified, request and track credit notes if applicable.
- Run cost simulations on demand keeping track of these requests.
- Structurally optimize the billing structure for an assigned forwarder.
Transport Management System user support and adoption:
- Update and Maintain Transport Management System master data and secure the process of shipment creation by the shipping users as well as monitoring the TMS usage and process adherence.
- First line support for requests related to Central Task list shipping requests, and monitoring the TMS idoc towards SAP.
- Ensure adherence to standard shipping processes with correct usage of Transport Management System of both internal and external users; a.o. work with forwarders on AWB completeness and Pick up completeness, verifying if suppliers and warehouses are manifesting on time and creating shipments based on carrier information.
You will support the LSO department and work closely together with other Freight Operations Analyst across the globe and with relevant stakeholders throughout the ASML supply chain management. The support concept is based in a follow the sun 24/7 setup. You will report to the Freight Operations Manager based in your geographical region.
Education and experience
- Bachelor in logistics, supply chain management, operational management or equivalent 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- Work experience in cross-functional teams.
- Intermediate to advanced competencies in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of logistics management systems (ERP), their set-up and application, SAP ECC preferred.
- Work experience using a transport management system (TMS).
- Knowledge of customs import and export regulations is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Multi-tasking, team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, changing schedules to meet or exceed internal/external customer expectations.
- Ability to focus on coordination, documentation, detailed record keeping and communications skills.
- Attention to detail required while working under pressure with tight timelines.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is a must.
- Open to cultural differences.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Context of the position:
- The LSO Freight department is responsible to design, build and maintain the global logistics transportation network in line with customer requirements. A flawless distribution network is key for a smooth supply chain. Fast and flexible transportation networks, differentiated warehousing solutions and complex value-added services are some characteristics of our landscape as LSO. Different requirements towards our supply-chain due to development of our systems, the number of upgrades of systems on customer sites and the need for differentiated service level agreements drive the need for a flexible 3PL network with integrators and freight forwarders. Focused on the rapid developments a team of highly educated professionals drives the supply chain infrastructure towards 2023 based on market intelligence, innovations, business needs, 3PL performance and process analytics.
Remain flexible in providing after hours support, if needed.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.