You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
New Product Development Project Lead
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
The primary role of New Product Development Project Lead (PL) is to manage specific cross-functional projects executed within a Development Program.This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for team deliverables.The PL is responsible for ensuring that the projects are managed using theProduct Generation Process (PGP) as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure good cross-program communication.
Role and responsibilities
- Manages specific projects and activities within a development program.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the PGP is communicated and followed by the project teams .Provides feedback on ways to improve the PGP.
- Guides design teams through effective usage of design processes
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Program Development Manager (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Ensures successful planning and cross-functional alignment on module and system-level testing, compliance/reliability testing, life testing,, and any activity required as part of the product’s release into manufacturing and the field
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for product manufacturing and customer service teams (test procedures, drawings, BOMs – Build of Material).
- Performs lessons learned reviews on key projects and drives necessary changes into the PGP or other applicable areas.
- May provide advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area.
- Provides input and plans for program related expense to the Program Manager for Program budget development and forecasting.Owns budget management as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Validates product design quality/reliability at system level with System Engineering and validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at module/sub-assy/component level with Responsible Engineers.
- Drives development team to meet cost and manufacturability goals.Supports new product introduction (NPI) to manufacturing by working with NPI team members to implement products into production.
- Manages program allocated product development laser resources.Schedules laser utilization across all laser use customers.Plans and drives laser maintenance and upgrades as required supporting the program plans and maximizing system uptime. Coordinates Test Engineers to prioritize program tasks and supports task execution as required.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering field (EE, ME preferred) or related technical degree.
- A minimum of four years total development experience with Engineering experience as individual contributor as well as some leadership and management of technical projects/activities.
- Product development experience utilizing structured product development processes, especially PGP.
- Experience using Configuration Control tools such as Agile.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the engineering teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to plan project expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Understanding of escalation utilization.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Ability to access and project design cost.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- Strong organization skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.