You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the jobASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
As an Sr. Electrical Engineer position at ASML San Jose, you will design and develop high voltage system layout. As an expert, you will help to build up cutting-edge SEM systems in ASML, contributing to move semiconductor industry forward.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Play an important role in design’s technical analysis/review of our existing high voltage system including electronic modules/boards, exploitative study on direction of their innovation and standardization, research and development implementation, and new product transformation.
- Discussionwith different stakeholders in company for function and modules’ specs andrequirements
- Makerequirement documents and design documents
- Feasibilitystudy for new design and build up simulation models for concept design
- Systemhigh voltage qualification
- Simulationsystem electrical field in Vacuum.
- Supportsystem integration with the designed function/modules in clean room
- Analysis/review for technical issues in system
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelors with 5+ years of hands-on experience or Masters with 2+ years of hands-on experience. Degree in electrical engineer or related majors
- Hands-on experience of schematic capture, schematic level simulation, HV layout, module-design (cooperation with Mechanical Engineer), and trouble-shooting
- Knowledge and experience in analyzing electric field in high voltage and high vacuum. Familiar with Comsol is plus
- Knowledge and experience of board level and module level shielding and grounding..
- Independent working ability with high skills in module design, HV layout, tune-up and trouble-shooting.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation and team-working attitude.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proficiency in using tool simulating HV module and system.
- Analog circuit design experience
- Electrical measurement experience.
- Knowledge and experience of high voltage system
- Strong knowledge in electrical engineering with wide scope to most related fields
- Previous working experience in SEM electronics, is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
- May require travel domestic and international dependent on business needs – up to 15%.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.