You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Systems Proto Engineering Manager - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As an Associate Group Manager of Proto Engineering under Department of Integration, Quality and Reliability, it will have dual responsibilities of people management on 1st shift (6am-2:30pm M-F )and performing actions on TRs at the operational level. This group is responsible to execute new product Integration/Qualification test at system level and to keep the health of all D&E Proto machines/Test rigs in Wilton.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As the Associate Group Manager:
- Provide leadership for Proto Engineering group through career development dialogues, performance management (target setting, reviews, etc.) and technical guidance 1st shift (6am-2:30pm M-F )
- Manage resources for Proto Machine/Test Rig operations.
- Lead trouble shoot and escalations on Protos or Test Rigs. Perform/execute actions on TRs himself/herself when needed.
- Define and maintain competence and resource roadmap.
- Develop technical competences and leadership within the group to fulfill business needs.
- Responsible for Proto Engineering operations WoW and quality of the work from the group.
- Responsible to put product and human safety protocols in place and follow those protocols on all Proto Machines/Test Rigs in D&E.
- Provides performance reviews and salary planning of the group.
- Provide Performance Improvement Plans as needed.
- Interact with Project Leaders in the development programs and allocation of staff in line with program need.
- Contribute to the Test Rig and Integration roadmaps.
Education and experience
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent experience.
- Bachelors with minimum 4years experience.
- Masters with minimum 2years’ experience.
- Experience in leadership roles.
- Experience in managing technical professionals is a plus.
- Understands needs of the internal customer and acts effectively on those needs.
- Has driven change to reach team objectives.
- Experience in planning and barrier resolution in a dynamic development environment.
- Knowledge of ASML System Integration and Proto Engineering competences is a plus (business drivers: overlay, throughput, reliability).
- Experience in Twinscan operations for DUV and/or EUV Business line. Top Module, Alignment Sensor and Bottom Module experience are preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.