You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Engineering Team Lead - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. The mission of the Mechanical Development department is to design and develop the complex mechanics for these machines, which are some of the highest precision products ever produced in the world. This position is based on-site in Wilton, Connecticut, which has both R&D and manufacturing operations. We design and produce multiple sub-system modules that are shipped to our headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands where they are integrated into the full lithography machine.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- As a Mechanical Development Team Lead, you will lead a team of 3-10 engineers and/or co-developers responsible for the development of portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling
- Work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics and/or opto-mechanics
- Need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties and structural, dynamic and thermal analysis
- Team Leads at ASML are expert planners who maximize available resources to meet challenging schedules and deliver the highest quality lithography equipment in the world
- Understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications
- Collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detailed CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers and support system integration and testing
- Align with project management, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, supply chain, customer support and other cross-sector team members
- Lead your team to design mechanical components of modules that continuously push the boundaries of physics and improve the performance of integrated circuits
- Align with your multi-disciplinary Project Leader to meet quality, schedule and cost constraints
- Ensure the design achieves a trouble-free product lifecycle via optimized configuration management, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, operation and customer service environments
- Some travel (up to 10%) to Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering, Math or Science degree
- 2+ years of experience with complex and/or precision mechanical design
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to 2 days a week)
Role within Office
Essential Job Functions
The essential job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in a fast-paced office environment, including working in a standing or seated position for long periods sometimes exceeding 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Commute to ASML’s facility and report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach and stretch
- Occasionally required to move around the campus
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), filing, calculating and use of telephone or other handheld electronic devices, continuously sometimes exceeding 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Perform other functions that may be assigned
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability