You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Progress Lead GMF EF EXE-Qualification
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
In April 2021 EXE has started production of its first EXE prototypes.
The EXE will be built according to a production process where the EXE is split up into multiple Main Modules (e.g. modular building), reducing cycle time because Main Modules can be built and qualified in parallel.
Once qualified these Main Modules will be internally transported to a build cabin. In these cabins each Main Module will become part of a full functional machine (system). This entire system is assembled, tested and qualified before leaving the cleanroom towards the customer.
The EXE will be produced in a new factory as part of the EUV Factory organization. The goal of this factory is to bring this product from Proto to Volume production. EXE will be organized as a LEAN Factory with Engineers working in a Natural Team setup.
For the Factory organization we are looking for a Progress Lead.
Role and responsibilities
EXE Qualification department is responsible for the calibration and qualification of Main Modules and full systems.
The Progress Lead keeps a helicopter view and checks with its stakeholders the daily work preparation for the entire WIP (Work in Progress) and checks if these plans are feasible for the Qualification Engineers. The Progress Lead will also address the structural issues to the factory project lead that will improve the CT of the qualification sequence. Escalation management is also in the scope of a Progress Lead in order to solve issues as soon as possible and delegate to the right departments to prevent occurrence in future.
Working in a new factory with a new team requires a flexible and adaptive mindset, especially because volumes are low, and EXE factory is preparing for an aggressive ramp up in the coming years.
To optimally organize capacity, maximize learning and have an active quality feedback loop, the Progress Lead needs to perform effective cross department communication.
- Drive and lead daily progress
- Strive for structural solutions
- Reporting daily progress to staff
- Coordinates one to multiple Main Modules and systems
- Voice of the Qualification engineers
- SPOC between Qualification engineers and collaborating departments
- Process adherence (scope: operational)
- Ensures correct administration and logging
- Embed continuous improvement (4C/A3 approach)
Education and experience
- BSc / MSc degree
- Affinity with production / factory and engineering
- Stakeholder and escalation management skills
- Politically aware: experience aligning across teams with different objectives and viewpoints
- Experience with NPI (production) at ASML
- Experience with multi-cultural teams
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible mindset
- Independent, pro-active, flexible team player
- Result oriented – “Get it done” mindset
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Decision maker, set priorities, delegate tasks
- Methodical: ensure work is done according to standard work practices
- Assertiveness: In the lead to process engineering and development
- Eager to learn and expand skills
- Adequate English communication skills in speech and writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The Progress Lead reports to the Manufacturing Line Manager
- Fulltime job
- Call-Out in evenings and on weekends
- Travel expectation is max 30% of the time.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.