You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Graduate Program – European System Install & Service Engineers
In a nutshell
Kiryat Gat, Israel
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Do you want to work on engineering hands-on challenges in an international environment? Do you want to be part of the expanding European team working on the newest ASML EUV machines? Join ASML and become part of group of young international System Install& service Engineers in Europe. In this role you build the machine from scratch as an advanced LEGO sculpture at the Multiple customer sites across Europe, within specifications, on-time, with quality exceeding the customers’ expectations. Before you start you will get an international one-year training program in Europe & Asia.
Role and responsibilities
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. It’s one thing to design a product – it’s another to build, mass produce and install it. As a System Install Engineer you will be working at the frontiers of technology. What does this mean? Working with accelerations greater than a fighter jet and machines that image billions of sub-microscopic structures, every few seconds. The goal of your job is to install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customers’ expectations.
Our Customers across European Regionare currently expanding their factories in Ireland, Israel, Germany and Belgium. They are working hard to make their facilities ready to produce microchips with our newest EUV machines. Our EUV machines will be installed in 2023-27. This program consist of 3 phases.
Phase 1: One-year international training program(Europe, USA, Asia)
Given the complexity of our machines you will first get an international one-year training program. You will be trained to learn all the details to install our newest EUV machines. A part of the training program will be done in our headquarter in the Netherlands where we manufacture the lithography systems. You will also travel to Asia (Taiwan) and USA for a few months to complete our hands on training program. As there are multiple sites in Taiwan with EUV machines that are already running, you will be able to get on-the-job training. Finally part of the learning will also take place in Europe, at our customer sites.
Phase 2: Install EUV machines as System Install Engineer (Ireland, Israel, Germany)
In 2023-27 the new EUV machines will be installed at our customer site, in Ireland, Israel & Germany. After your first year of training you focus for a couple of years on the role as system install engineer.
Within System Install (SIE) there are different specializations for an engineer. Based on your background and preferences we will match you to a specific specialization:
- The pre-install team. They make sure that within the factory of the customer everything is in place before the machine arrives, including facilitating the requirements. When the machine is ready to be shipped from Veldhoven, it will first be fully de-assembled, locked and shipped within 9 large flight units, over 65 medium boxed and with > 334 tools.
- The mechanical install engineer will be onsite with the customer when the de-assembled machine arrives. Within approximately a time span of 3 weeks the machine will be assembled. Hands-on skills are highly preferred when it comes to new joiner engineers. The machine will be moved in, unpacked, unlocked and all modules mechanically installed, like the cabling, water, gas and vacuum parts. The system will be powered on and checked how water, gas and electrical works, to diagnose faults and solve system failures.
- Then the last type of system install engineer will follow and begins the integration and qualification process. Main focus is calibrating and testing the system including system acceptance test, plus fault diagnose and solving system failures. This position requires a combination of analytical skills (computer testing) and hands-on skills (fixing the problem after being detected). When all tests prove the agreed performance, the install is done and the customer support team will take over for further maintenance of the machine at the customer.
Phase 3: Field Service Engineer (Ireland, Israel, Germany or Belgium) (Optional)
After a couple of years as European System Install Engineer you will have the option to become a field service engineer. In this role you will support our customers around the globe. Alternatively there will also be opportunities to become an EUV expert: where you know all the in’s-and-out’s of our equipment, where you can grow from the role of system install engineer to the role of field service engineer. You will be the first line of support for our advanced equipment at the customer site. And we have many other opportunities.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical related study. Preferably (but not exclusively) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Mechatronics.
- You completed your education less than 2 years ago or you will graduate within October 2022.
We are looking for people who not only learned about engineering in theory but are also genuinely interested in hands-on engineering.
- Your experience (e.g. student project, hobby, internship):
- Hands-on experience in a technical environment, preferably related to production or customer service;
- Affinity with assembling and troubleshooting;
- Experience with or ability to work in an international organization (English spoken) and working with people from different cultures;
Working and performing well in a technology changing environment, surrounded by high-tech machines and people with different specializations and cultural background, requires certain skills, among which:
- A broad technical interest and passion about hands-on engineering challenges
- Good English communication skills
- A collaborative team player with respect for other cultures
- You consider safety the most important priority
- You can perform well in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Interested to travel and live longer periods in multiple countries
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- APermanent Employment Contract
- Acompetitive compensation and benefits package
- Anattractive shift allowance and overtime compensation for our shiftstructure
- Trainingsessions to develop yourself professionally
- Asafe environment to experiment with what you’ve learned
Apply with your resume and motivation letter before Sunday September 11, 2022, at 23:59 CEST.
We will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
2. Pre-recorded Video Interview
The first round consists of an online pre-recorded interview. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions via HireVue.
3. Selection day
If you pass the first round, you will be invited to our selection day. The selection day will be fully virtual. The selection day will take place on October 11.
During this day, your competencies will be assessed via different activities (such as interviews or a collaboration game). The screening board will decide on the day itself which candidates will receive a job offer.
4. Job offer
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer. The starting date is flexible, but preferably no later than 3 months after the selection day.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
You will work in a 12-hour shift schedule (24/7),with attractive shift allowances and overtime compensation for our shift structure.
Access to controlled technology
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.