You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Cust. Support GSC - EMO Project Lead
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML Customer Service Organization handles several thousand technical issues per month. The Global Support Center provides technical support for the approximately 5% of issues that cannot be handled independently by the local service organization. Of these already critical escalations, the Escalation Management Office (EMO) handles the most complex, business critical and visible. Rapid resolution of these issues is essential for both ASML and the customer and everyone is looking at the EMO office to take charge, rapidly build a team of experts and lead the team to success.
This role is an excellent opportunity to test your stakeholder and crisis management skills and show to the organization what you are capable of. You as project leader will be highly visible and you need an extensive network within the Customer Service (CS), Business Line and Design & Engineering (D&E) organizations. The EMO team is also highly appreciated and recognized by the field organization
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Escalation progress management
- Take the lead in organizing and managing an expert team
- Identify and close gaps which slows down the time of resolution
- Avoid tunnel vision in the team by enforce out of the box thinking
- Chair and lead escalation meetings
- Report and manage expectations of business lines, field and management
- Be a representative for your customer(s)
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the local teams
- Represent the field towards marketing, program managers, account teams etc.
- Offer help when the standard process is not sufficient at that moment
- Be a consulting partner for the local teams on processes
- Manage expectations of stakeholders involved
- Act as an owner of the tools operating at the customer site
- Report status of tools which are under CS responsibility
- Report on different management levels regarding ‘extreme long down tools’ (>24h)
- Communicate status of problem solving process to all stakeholders
- Improve own organization
- Provide constructive feedback to drive for continuous improvement within GSC
- Be the GSC process ‘watchdog’ and initiate improvements.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, or equivalent experience; knowledge of electronics, mechanics, optics, software, semiconductor processes, and related disciplines.
- Minimum 4 Years of relevant experience
- Experience in troubleshooting on technical level
- Knowledge of ASML products on a technical level
- Experience within the ASML organization, specifically with CS and D&E.
- Experience in managing customer escalations and (internal) customer communication
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- High sense of customer focus
- High level of personal ownership, initiative and drive
- Capable of influencing people without formal authority, also at higher management levels
- Able to keep focus on the big picture and take difficult decisions in the middle of a high pressure, business critical escalation
- High level of stress tolerance
- Flexible mindset: working hours, travel and work environments.
- Excellent communication skills (English, both oral and written).
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with different cultures.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Able to analyze working methods (processes), define and drive improvements.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
* Position will include occasional traveling (15% or less).
* Position is located in San Diego, CA and requires working from the San Diego office a minimum of 3 days/week as part of Hybrid work schedule.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.