You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Data Automation Engineer
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of the Business Strategy Support Team is to provide insights to the US CS Operational Teams on how best to run their business to optimize cost, meet customer commitments and identify new value propositions. As a Data Automation Engineer you will take in end user requirements and create new Spotfire, Power BI, or SAC dashboards, analysis, and reporting tools to meet their needs. You will also be responsible for maintaining our team’s connection to the larger ASML data landscape.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Tell stories with data and propose analytical solutions instilling confidence to leaders making operational and strategic business decisions.
- Manage expectations by communicating project plans, features, and statuses to business stakeholders.
- Construct reporting utilizing Excel, Spotfire, SAC and/or PowerBI software to drive insight for engineering leadership.
- Collaborate and knowledge share to ensure single source of truth for all data.
- Perform ongoing assessment of analytics tools and dashboards relative to their usability, efficacy and adoption with their respective audiences.
- Synthesize data to provide actionable insights.
- Take data, understand it, process it, extract value from it, and communicate if visually/verbally throughout the organization.
- Work with other members of Business Strategy Support team to combine machine performance and cost information to increase business intelligence for the operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, information technology, business, engineering, software development or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience relevant work experience.
- 3+ years working with data analysis.
- Previous knowledge of ASML data landscape preferred.
- Previous knowledge of ASML CS business a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Expert at working with and interpreting technical data.
- Intermediate+ level knowledge of Excel.
- Proficient proofreading skills.
- Previous experience developing business decision making tools in Spotfire, Power BI, SAC or similar required.
- Previous experience with Python or R is a plus.
- Experience in forecasting and reporting on KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and present to various levels of an organization.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguity.
- Analyze and process complex data sets using predictive modelling, regression, querying, visualization and analytics tools.
- Strong Communications skills-communicates clearly and convincingly, across cultures and geographies.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
The ideal candidate:
- Is curious-a strong desire to dig to understand the real root cause of problems (5x why RCA).
- Is never satisfied with ‘good enough’ but is able to deliver when ‘good enough’ is acceptable.
- Is obsessive about data quality.
- Understands the big picture but often lives in the details.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Focus on understanding details and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Is a self-starter-we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to be able to teach yourself anything.
- Is outspoken while maintaining good interpersonal skills.
- Does not mind occasionally doing repetitive data-entry/data-cleanup tasks in order to get a desired output.
- Can articulate simple accurate conclusions from large amounts of data.
- Is the type of person who is constantly looking for the best way to do things.
- Can focus when working in a distracting, open office environment.
- Takes pride in output that has their name on it.
- Can work under tight deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- ~15% Travel may be required domestically and internationally.
This position is located on-site in HBO, CHD/PHX or AUS. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.