You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing & Supply Chain – Sourcing Lead
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
The Sourcing Lead has responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for performance, while potential new suppliers will be uncovered and readied for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity in our San Diego, CA facility to join our Sourcing & Supply Chain team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Businessdemands may requireASML to proceedwith candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts
- Monitors supplier financial health
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of finding
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration,Engineering or related field is required or equivalent experience. An MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment
- Deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred
- Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Negotiation skills are critical.
- Operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job. Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm. Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Oracle/SAP is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.