You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr Electrical Engineer - Analog Design
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various board designs for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Senior Electrical Engineer, Analog Design, is responsible for the following:
- Act as the ElectronicDevelopment representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively withcolleagues from other groups and departments when required.
- Define, document and maintainanalogue and/or digital board designs.
- Perform trade-off studies todetermine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changedfunctions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effortestimation for the various board designs, adjusted with otherstakeholders.
- Manage the outsourcing ofdevelopment activities at co-developers.
- Contribute to themultidisciplinary roadmap concerning the board designs within the ASMLproducts.
- Act as a technical coach forother team members.
- Transfer knowledge toproduction- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis andsolution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- >10 years of experience asboard designer of analogue and/or high voltage designs, includingexperience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establishagreement on specifications.
- Broad technical knowledge ofelectronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics andsoftware.
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI,RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, ethernet and PCIe a must
- Hands on hardware designexperience with analog and digital design solutions; including specifyingdesign requirements, detailed design & review, component selection& evaluation, procurement, design validation, and
- Hands on hardwaretroubleshooting experience with analog and digital designs at board,module and system level.
- Experience with engineeringtest equipment – logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication busanalyzers, thermocouples etc.
- Experience with SchematicCapture, Simulation and Design Tools
- Experience with layoutguidelines and constraints definition for high speed electronics
- Ability to apply knowledge ofinstallation, repair, and troubleshooting at board, module, and systemlevel.
- Understanding of MTBF, HALT andALT for developing reliable design
- Knowledge on change managementand version control tools.
- Ability to write technicalspecifications, detailed design documents, test plans, results, statusreports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Preferred knowledge of EMI/EMCstandards, concepts and testing
- Preferred knowledge of PCIe,10/100/1000BaseT ethernet, SRIO, SoC, FPGA, PLC, DDR4 and embeddedcontrollers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active.
High motivated team player withgood social- and communication skills.
- Structured with eye fordetails.
- Accurate, systematic approach,analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness anddecisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and inwriting.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.