You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing Engineer -- Guaranteed sign on bonus
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- During the design phase of a new product, the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) supports design document reviews, pFMEAs, and other major NPI design deliverables. They use their knowledge in product development projects to foresee production problems with the intent to improve the manufacturability of the product and tooling designs.
- During the first proto Phase the ME supports pilot builds and transfers knowledge to the factory floor. The ME determines how the design needs to be built and serves as second line of support to production.
- Design, integrate, and validate manufacturing processes.
- Provide hands-on assistance to the assemblers and Production Engineers when issues arise in the cleanroom, such as technical, process or tooling issues.
- Support the factory & project team via material notification/ issue resolution, parts usage analysis and resolution, tracking and reporting.
- Maintain alignment on agreed cycle time and Performance targets, as well as drive the implementation of those ideas that are needed to bring these important drivers within budget.
- Support all functionality including electrical, mechanical, opto-mechanical, mechatronic, software and sub-components of the YieldStar Sensor modules for new product introduction and/or existing products.
- Develop, implement and optimize the production Work Instructions.
- Identify and work out diagnostics improvements for the factory to improve their troubleshoot capabilities.
- Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with developments and trends internal to the ASML industry and also keep up with a constantly evolving Standard. You will attend training courses to stay up to date with the new technology and programs available to ASML.
- Typical business hours with travel international up to 10%.
Education and experience
- Associate’s with 6 years of experience or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s or above with 4 years of experience.
- Working experience in an engineering or service environment as well as knowledge in Photo-lithography tools is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within the Factory
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule- twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.