You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Semi-Conductor Equipment Engineer Wafer Alignment- Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
As an Industrial Availability Equipment Engineer your main focus will be on the SMASH/ORION Wafer Alignment System.
- You contribute to the product generation process by setting availability targets, maintainability targets for new designs and giving feedback to development projects based on field performance analysis experiences at ASML customer sites.
- This involves all support for functionality including electrical, mechanical, mechatronic, software and sub-components of the SMASH/ORION modules for new product introduction and/or existing products.
- Input to serviceability, accessibility, and drive optimized mean time to repair (MTTR) into the design.
- Support the factory, field, & project team via material notification/ issue resolution, parts usage analysis and resolution, tracking and reporting on field failures and issues.
- Responsible for regular updating and extending own and local Field Service Engineer knowledge so most problems can be handled locally with available in depth product knowledge.
- Initiate and contribute in providing material for technical service documentation and training in cooperation with authors and training developers.
- Create and give presentations to transfer knowledge to Field Service Engineers.
- Identify structural problems and possible improvements and address them within the ASML organization.
- It is equally important to have an ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the user’s knowledge gaps. You should have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with developments and trends internal to the ASML industry and also keep up with a constantly evolving Standard. You will attend training courses to stay up to date with the new technology and programs available to ASML.
- Typical business hours with travel international up to 10%.
Education and experience
A degree is required and the following subjects are relevant:
Years of required, relevant experience are outlined below:
- Associate’s with 6 years of experience or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s or above with 4 years of experience.
- Working experience in an engineering or service environment as well as knowledge in Photo-lithography tools is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
- Proven excellent fluent communication skills in English, written+ verbal.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must and prior experience with xml editors (Arbor text, Oxygen) is definitely a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP, is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers and other communication tools.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.