Test Architect Metrology
Research & Development
Computer Science & Software Engineering
In a nutshell
IT, Research & Development, System Engineering
Computer Science & Software Engineering
Do you want to play an important role in testing our highly advanced and extremely complex Metrology systems and push boundaries, set new standards and make the impossible, possible – every day?
Are you an expert in testing that can build credibility in the development teams and support them by deploying essential software test strategies and -methods?
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy!
As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure, model and control to achieve sub-nanometer accuracies. To achieve and maintain this accuracy the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Your role is to define a test strategy for the functional cluster including a roadmap and realization plan of this strategy. The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Define a test strategy and align within cluster on the test strategy approach
- Adapt the test strategy to customer feedback/trends, ASML business priorities and changes to the software design
- Anchor the test strategy within projects by performing an exemplary role within the context of projects
- Inspire and coach development teams by broadening the perspective on software testing methods
- Assists the group lead by performing software quality assessments and reports the results in terms of coverage and remaining risks, including proposing improvement actions to the group lead
- Assist projects with risk based testing, FMEA, 5x Why and test result analyses
- Review test related deliverables, observes automated regression test results, first analysis, follow up actions, bug advocacy, participates in patch hit analysis
Master or PhD in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- A proven track record with testing software in a multidisciplinary setting is required
- Being able to explain testing concepts and principles like coverage, product risk, how to analyze a product, exploratory testing and how to provide a good test report
- Being able to demonstrate good testing
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) behavioral driven development (BDD)
- Experience with methodologies such as Context-Driven Testing, Rapid Software Testing or testing in an Agile context like SAFe
- Experience with legacy software
- Knowledge/experience of C / C++, MATLAB, Python and Linux is a pre
ASML is a highly dynamic environment, which requires you to be a good communicator, team player, to take initiative and to be result oriented. You are a critical thinker and pay attention to every detail of your work and you leave no room for errors. You express creative and innovative thinking and get energy from pioneering new ground. For this position in specific we also require the following skills:
- Influencing without authority
- Guided more by practical considerations than by ideals
Context of the position
This position is within the Software Metrology Department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML. Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.