You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EHS Specialist - Multiple Locations (TX, AZ, OR)
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Our mission is to achieve world-class safety performance by effectively supporting safe operations within all levels of field operations throughout the customer support organization of ASML.
As a EHS Specialist, you will provide support to field operations at the site, drive continuous improvement by collaborating with our engineering teams, and help continue to build and maintain a strong safety culture within ASML.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the operations team by completing customer fab compliance audits, delivering instructor-led Life Saving Rules training, and partnering with front line leaders in proactive safety walks and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage and interpret EHS-related documentation, including but not limited to: Safety indicators (leading/lagging), incident logs (near miss/good catch, injury, and environment), audit trends, and training information.
- Perform thorough incident investigations to ensure actions are put in place to prevent further occurrence: Facilitate incident reviews, follow-up with operational line management, and communicate learnings.
- Provide sustaining support for the field operations team (safety review board support, permit to work reviews, provide instructor-led training in field offices).
- Create Toolbox talks, safety communications, and informational presentations and effectively distribute and deliver to multiple levels of operations team for the site you support.
- Perform in-fab GEMBA walks (behavioral safety observations) in partnership with operations line manager teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Note that job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field of study from an accredited educational institution required, or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of work experience in a field directly related to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and able to create polished, professional presentation material.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.