You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
FLS Production Engineer-Optical Alignment& Metrology Competency(3rd Shft)- Guaranteed sign-on bonus
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Spends about 75% of time in the Cleanroom providing direct support to production processes and troubleshooting.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot optical alignment and metrology issues.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot module test and final qual issues.
- Provide efficient response to troubleshoot manufacturing tooling and optical metrology equipment issues.
- Provide efficient response to perform re-computation of the nominal optical design.
- Provide efficient response to perform correction of optical aberrations.
- Run image processing algorithm to extract nm flatness information from interferometer data.
- Analyze Matlab scripts and plot data from database.
- Support query code to interrogate data for manufacturing needs.
- Support image analysis on data and derive conclusions.
- Develop OCAPs, Fishbones and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Support diagnostics qualification and implementation for production staff.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts with proposed solutions.
- Support development of Manufacturing procedures and technical work instructions.
- Support design and document reviews for diagnostics.
- Support DOA Root Cause Analysis.
- Support cycle time and labor hours roadmaps implementation.
- Support PFMEA.
- Able to read optical, mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of Code-V and /or Zemax.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, LabVIEW and Python.
- The employee is willing to provide occasionally weekend coverage.
Education and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Optical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Master of Science is Preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in an Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of diverse optical metrology setups: Interferometers, Shack– Hartmann sensor, polarimetry/ellipsometry & Optical alignment.
- Working knowledge of geometric optics, wave optics, Gaussian propagation, and aberration theory.
- Working Knowledge in image/signal/data process algorithm, statisticsand software development.
- Working knowledge with epoxy application in opto-mechanical designs.
- Working knowledge with optical assy/ alignment/ test equipment/ tools.
- Working Knowledge in lasers, polarization, detectors, electro-optical devices and opto-mechanical constructions.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Working knowledge with Optical-Electrical sensors is a plus.
- Experience in the field of technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX, Teamcenter and SAP is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This is a contract role at ASML. You will work full time hours on-site at ASML Wilton, but be payrolled through an agency (if offered the role). Contract hires are evaluated for conversion after 12-18 months based on performance, culture fit and headcount approval.
ASML currently has several shifts available at our Wilton facility including:
- Monday through Friday: 6am to 2:30pm.
- Sunday through Tuesday: 6:30pm to 7am.
- Thursday through Sunday & every other Wednesday: 6:30am to 7pm.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Role within the Factory
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule- twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
Additional responsibilities for Wilton Factory:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.