You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Release Engineer (industrialization)
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
You will work under the ASML Applications Business Line on the YieldStar product line. The YieldStar system is known to be a fast growing successful Semi-conductor Lithography Metrology tool, where each new YieldStar generation challenges the unknown limits to provide better performance and enhanced metrology measurements.
As an Industrialization Engineer, you will be involved in every single details of our YieldStar systems fromdevelop design, to part suppliers, to factory manufacturing, to customer support and even applications.
Do you like to be the linking pin between high-tech product development and a global factory & field organization supporting the major semiconductor manufacturers? Do you have what it takes to industrialize innovative complex designs in a way that they can be manufactured and serviced in a short timeframe and with a high success rate? Then this could be the next challenge in your career!
The Applications Business Line of ASML is one of the fastest growing Business Units within ASML, providing performance and yield enhancing solutions to our customers. It is characterized by a startup mentality with close customer intimacy and resulting exposure to ASML’s dynamic global business environment.
With your colleagues within this department you cover all competencies needed for our metrology equipment and for the complete applications business line. This results in a broad job scope covering multiple technical competencies. The programs and projects are relatively small and have short development cycles resulting in quick feedback loops on industrialization performance.
Role and responsibilities
Connect between D&E, factory and CS. Work together with sectors to make sure the release documentation is complete and according requirements. You own and drive this, and you will be the 'go to' person.
You represent the customer support and factory manufacturing sector in the software release process. In this role you secure the software meets the requirements. You ensure the product and process design is as such that your colleagues at our factory and at our customers sites are able to optimally manufacture and service our complex equipment.
The job of industrialization engineer consists of the following:
- Translation of product specifications to requirements in product design and manufacturing and service processes such as factory cycle time and product availability.
- During the co-design phase you ensure the product is designed as such that it can be assembled in our factory and maintained at our customers within required timeframe and with high success rate.
- You do the preparation for the factory and service processes including all required assembly, test and service procedures, training documentation, definition of out of control action plans, diagnostics, Statistical Process Control parameters, tooling and spare parts.
- New product introduction by validating manufacturing and service procedures during prototype build, training our factory and service personnel and supporting them during pilot build and early customer introduction phase.
- Analysis of the performance in our factory and service organization and define improvements to meet initial product specification.
- Actively participating/owning the escalation from the field teams, working closely with Development and Customer Support, being a senior trusted product advisor
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master Degree in Software, Industrialization, Physics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related studies.
0-5 years of experience in:
- a production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- providing software documentation for internal use or customers.
- building independent knowledge transfer and sharing network.
- creating documentation and training's with attention to the details.
- Willingness to learn new top-of-the-edge technologies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Result driven
- Fast learner
- Ability to define priorities and meet commitments
- Flexible and have a practical focus
- Strong social and communication skills
- Stakeholder manager
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Team player
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction
- Very active, plenty of initiative
- Adequate English language skills, verbally and in writing
- Goal orientated and able to take ownership.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Industrialization group is within the Applications business unit part of Development and Engineering. The task of Development and Engineering is to develop and deliver ASML solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors.
Industrialization within the Development and Engineering department is providing the competence to drive the operational requirements Reliability, Availability, Cycle Time, Cost and Supplier Quality into the early design phases of the Business Lines’ products.
The holder of this position reports to the Group Manager of BL-Apps MPC D&E PWD Optical Column.
Keywords: no nonsense, accurate, creative, customer-oriented.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.