You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Startup Equipment Services Engineer
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a HMI Start-up Equipment Services Engineer you will provide introduction support for new HMI systems and upgrades and help ensure they are installed on-time. A holistic knowledge of HMI products is enhanced by your on-going working relationships with a broad range of specialists that will enable you to successfully introduce new products into the field. Through the use of regular status reports you will highlight the people you need and the assistance they can provide. Your close proximity with the field also makes you the ideal source for fresh ideas in new product development. This gives you excellent opportunities to provide requirements for future developments and new product designs.
- Supporting on-site introduction of new model machines and/or new platforms to our local customer service team and customer engineers.
- Manage and support new upgrades or commercial options for new and existing HMI systems.
- Mature the product by driving the cycle time and performance specifications.
- Transferring knowledge of new products or platforms to enable local engineers to sustain the new product by themselves.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies by maintaining a network of specialists within the HMI community.
- Prevent issues from re-occurring by driving a structured issue resolution process and (pro) active roll-out of quality solutions.
- Taking part in availability/reliability projects to help identify improvements in failure sensitivity and maintainability, and then ensuring that these improvements are implemented in new and existing products.
- FMEA/upgrade alpha test preparation and support, upgrade beta test preparation and validation.
Education and experience
- Bachelor graduate in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science is required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- PMP certification is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.