You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior EHS Specialist
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Our mission is to achieve world-class safety performance by effectively supporting safe operations within all levels of field operations throughout the customer support organization of ASML.
As a Sr. EHS Specialist, you will manage the overall EHS program within the field office(s) you support, drive continuous improvement in safety throughout the organization, provide day to day safety support for the field operations teams, and influence at all levels to continue to build and maintain a strong safety culture within ASML.
Role and responsibilities
- Management of overall site EHS program: Customer fab compliance audits, leadership engagement, customer single point of contact, provide train-the-trainer courses as needed, deliver instructor-led Life Saving Rules training, and establish key safety focus areas for site.
- Manage and interpret EHS-related documentation, including but not limited to: OSHA 300 logs, safety indicators (leading/lagging), incident logs (near miss/good catch, injury, and environment).
- Perform thorough incident investigations to ensure actions are put in place to prevent further occurrence: facilitate incident reviews, risk rank incidents, follow-up with operationalline management.
- Use indicator analysis to determine key focus areas and goals for the site(s) you support.
- Manage ISO 45001 compliance items and perform on-site audits routinely to verify conformances.
- Provide sustaining support for the field operations team (safety review board support, permit to work reviews, provide instructor-led training in field offices).
- Create Toolbox talks, safety communications, and informational presentations and effectively distribute and deliver to multiple levels of operations team for the site(s) you support.
- Establish your role as key leader of site management team.
- Perform in-fab GEMBA walks (behavioral safety observations) in partnership with operations teams.
- Partner, collaborate, and communicate with customer on safety program initiatives.
- Be a key influencer to improve overall safety culture in partnership with site leadership team(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Note that job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field of study from an accredited educational institution required, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in a field directly related to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and able to create polished, professional presentation material.
- Experience using Intelex (EHS management software) is a plus.
- Proven ability to balance stakeholder needs within multiple levels of an organization.
- High level of leadership skills with experience working as integral part of management team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key decisions around safety.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Function well in a collaborative environment.
- Highly skilled as an active listener.
- Demonstrate excellent customer support skills.
- Strong focus on excellent workmanship and attention to details.
- Self-driven and flexible/adaptable to change.
- Able to analyze date effectively.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This job will require working in both office and semiconductor clean-room customer facilities. You must be able to perform the following:
- May require travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs. Ability to travel up to 30% of the time; mostly domestic travel.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
This position is located on-site in Hillsboro, OR. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- The position requires onsite presence to deliver in-person Life Saving Rules trainings, deliver toolbox talks and knowledge transfers, visit the customer fab to perform routine safety audits and observations, attend shift pass-downs as needed and to be available to employees to answer questions and provide overall support.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.