You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Embedded Logic & Firmware Lead
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level FPGA Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Embedded Logic & Firmware Lead is the owner and responsible for the electrical deliverable(s) in a project. The role focuses on the design process and delivery of prototype and production modules and contributes at a hands-on level in delivering a variety of tasks. The lead will install an efficient meeting rhythm, ensuring the team is at the right information level and interdependencies are identified and managed. Our team member will also:
- Create detailed team-planning focusing on lower segregation level of hardware/firmware planning.
- Defines deliverables for team members. Checks if deliverables are finalized on time – intervening and coaching where needed.
- Focus on the design process and creates realistic plans based on technical content, and has responsibility to ensure that quality is being met and ASML way of working is followed.
Education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in embedded system (FPGA) projects from concept through realization with demonstrated ability to deliver quality with strong documentation.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.BSEE with FPGA focus a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Embedded Logic & Firmware (FPGA) design processes and technologies.
- Proficient in VHDL for design and System Verilog for verification.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor and lead team resources.
- Strong ability to understand technical requirements, understand team required to realize, organize the team, create project plans, define team deliverables and support execution.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions with available team.
- Self-starter, self-motivator; can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning and motivational skills.
- Ability to use MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies a plus.
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to provide technical direction.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution to the project.
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex product and resourcing issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ensures good team, project and cross-functional communication to ensure coordination between departments/teams/individuals.
- Coach the design team to discover solutions to technical challenges.
- Creates presentations for project/department leadership.
- Leads Embedded Logic & Firmware teams ranging in size from 5 – 20.
- Creates team planning through project lifecycle.
- Provides input for required resources and competence mix for deliverables within agreed timeline.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, suppliers, customer service, manufacturing, safety and QA.
- Other duties & responsibilities assigned.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.